Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ritson / Ponce

Options
  • 12-06-2021 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭

This is a barnburner.

Two styles really meshing.

Non-stop action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Proper back and forth fight so far. Really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

Ponce really has taken over.

The man simply doesn't tire. He's been throwing non-stop since the first minute and looks like he can go on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That was fantastic!! I thought I was watching alone. What about the ref??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

Jaysus, great fight.Ponce is some machine.

Ponce was very good, as you said non-stop from the first bell.

What was the ref at though? I didn't know he could ignkre the towel been thrown in, could have been dangerous as he was just running on fumes at that stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

****ing ridiculous reffing. Who does he think he is the absolute fool. Completely unnecessary.

Yeah the ref should have stopped it the moment the towel came in. He had already been floored and was a long way behind on points. He was under non-stop pressure and was not going to win.

Stop the fight !!

Ponce will be a tough night's work for anyone, even Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ref woke up this morning and chose violence!! Good performance by Ponce, Ritson very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Missing the towel I could understand (just about) but to throw the towel back out again is ridiculous haha if he dies he dies.

Must have had a bet on a tko

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone know what price Ponce was before? After 3 rounds Ritson was still a slight fav even though he was getting a battering!

• Advertisement

Yeah if he didn't throw it back I'd understand hahaha

I think ritson was 1/3 fav for the win at the start

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone know what price Ponce was before? After 3 rounds Ritson was still a slight fav even though he was getting a battering!

Ponce was circa. 4/1 on Betfair beforehand.

In the middle of the first round he went odds on. By the end of the round both were evens. Stayed around that for another 2-3 rounds then Ponce's price kept dropping.

Referee had a shocker. To think Ritson has to endure a second KD and still it went on to the point where he didn’t have the energy to stand. At one point he broke them up and delayed the resumption to allow Ritson some time to recover enough to just take more he was finished.

Ponce is so game and great to watch but he’s very untidy, clumsy and overzealous. He could turn into a great fighter but I think Taylor would win wide

Referee visited Ritson’s dressing room. At least he fronted up and faced them. Still not the right decision but he dealt with his mistake manfully. Thankfully Ritson didn’t seem to be very badly hurt

https://youtu.be/XYFqt_NZW4Y

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It is not the first time a referee has ignored a towel throw.

walshb wrote: »

What’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Dangerous refereeing I think. The corner (Ritson's dad) knows their man best and Ritson should have been saved from taking a further beating.

His power hasn't translated to 140 at all and there was zero chance of him turning that fight around. Not sure if the ref still sees him as a puncher who could turn it around or what but he got it very wrong imo.

Ritson needs to find his level now as a domestic fighter and stay there for the foreseeable. He came through the ranks at 135 where he had the power to bang guys out but his step up in class has coincided with a step up in weight and ended in disaster for him.

His level is Tyrone McKenna, Ohara Davies etc. Actually think a fight with James Tennyson would be a decent yardstick. Two guys who can't take it to the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Katsidis? Threw it out too if I recall correct

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Katsidis? Threw it out too if I recall correct

Mickey Vann was ref if I recall.

Graham Earl fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Mickey Vann was ref if I recall.

Graham Earl fight!

Yes that's the one Earl v Katsidis

• Advertisement
Advertisement