Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye Bibi (Netanyahu officially ousted as Israel PM)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

He's a horrible bastard who should be rotting in jail.

And a bully boy also, horrible excuse for a human being, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hopefully a new page and era for Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Yep and the new coalition government has 60 seats while Netanyahu's opposition has 59 seats. Coalition consists of right wing, left wing and Arab party's

A fine exercise in herding cats that's going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A fine exercise in herding cats that's going to be.

No different to politics in Israel since forever, this time its just different cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

A human verruca on the foot of civilisation

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another murderer ousted. Hopefully he gets his comeuppance soon.

• Advertisement

Another murderer ousted. Hopefully he gets his comeuppance soon.

Not really.

Bibi's now installed in a cushy "opposition" knesset role.

Still a lot better off than poor old Donald T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Not really.

In both cases they are no longer protected by their office. Criminal investigations are go.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Shebean wrote: »
    In both cases they are no longer protected by their office. Criminal investigations are go.

As much as I would love to see it I just can't believe it will happen.

No way an (ex) American president will go to jail, they (the establishment) just wouldn't allow it.

No.way Bibi goes to jail, if they won't convict soldiers of murder/war crimes then no way will they convict him.

Bot Trump and Bibi have way too much information on too many people for them to be jailed and that's really the sad fact of the matter, they should both be tried and if guilty then convicted and sent to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭tandcapply

A lot of hatered towards a media persona and some partial information in this thread.
    To set the record straight (I'm an Israeli living in Ireland), Bibi will remain head of the opposition until a Likud party election, so not for too long I guess assuming this coalition survives until than.

The real winner is Yair Lapid, the next PM who came up with this government.

Also, many conspiracy theories being floated here, I've never encountered an equivalent obsession with the affairs of any other country here and don't talk to me about human rights because Ireland needs to sort out its own act before it self promotes itself as the champions of human rights. Being on the gravy train in terms of UN tours (even the name suggests it).

Better get the Irish government to focus on promoting what Ireland is known for In the middle East: tax breaks and relaxed regulation for rich Arab countries and an easy entry point into the EU.

In the middle East, Ireland isn't really considered for anything else or thought of much, so it's a one way obsession.
    There's a saying:"It’s Better to Be Smart than to Be Right"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tandcapply wrote: »
    A lot of hatered towards a media persona and some partial information in this thread.
    To set the record straight (I'm an Israeli living in Ireland), Bibi will remain head of the opposition until a Likud party election, so not for too long I guess assuming this coalition survives until than.

Also, many conspiracy theories being floated here, I've never encountered an equivalent obsession with the affairs of any other country here and don't talk to me about human rights because Ireland needs to sort out its own act before it self promotes itself as the champions of human rights. Being on the gravy train in terms of UN tours (even the name suggests it).

Better get the Irish government to focus on promoting what Ireland is known for In the middle East: tax breaks and relaxed regulation for rich Arab countries and an easy entry point into the EU.

In the middle East, Ireland isn't really considered for anything else or thought of, so it's a one way obsession.

What specifically are you referring to here?

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    What specifically are you referring to here?

I'm referring to the very generous financial benefits to individuals as well as Ireland in going on peace keeping tours, not really contributing in any other way. Just some part timers with guns that need rescue from the likes of Lebanon.
    If they ever find themselves in real conflict like in Lebanon all they can do is call for help (again) from the Israeli army as they can't even defend themselves.
    See first hit on Irish website:
    https://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/israeli-defense-force-rescues-irish-troops-from-islamist-extremists

They are perceived as a joke. Another example from an Irish mainstream paper:
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/missing-chad-drone-may-have-tried-to-fly-home-26497563.html

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

In the middle East, Ireland isn't really considered for anything else or thought of much, so it's a one way obsession.

Irish people don't like apartheid states

Can you tell me what human rights laws Ireland breaks? What human rights does Ireland ignore when it comes to...you know.....human rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Compared to Israel

Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution .

Israels Human Rights organization declared it Apartheid
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid an

Palestinians live under constant human rights abuses
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

Ireland has a great Palestinian solidarity group
    https://www.ipsc.ie/

SADAKA Mission: ‘To promote and maximise support for changes in Ireland’s domestic and foreign policies which advance the achievement of self-determination and other fundamental rights of the Palestinian people.’
    https://www.sadaka.ie/

Make sure you check out the boycott campaign
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Israel employs an army of social media warriors, make sure you don't get caught up debating them
    https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

You sound bitter tand, you’d be better off refuting any specific allegations you disagree with instead of slagging off our quite highly rated peacekeepers.

Can you tell me what human rights laws Ireland breaks? What human rights does Ireland ignore when it comes to...you know.....human rights?

Have you been around since March 2020? Draconian laws passed without debate against it's own citizens. I'm all for keeping public health but this never happened. This is just pulling the breaks but not really doing anything more than short term.

Also, travelers are treated like 2nd class citizens at the best of times

Have you been around since March 2020? Draconian laws passed without debate against it's own citizens. I'm all for keeping public health but this never happened. This is just pulling the breaks but not really doing anything more than short term.

You mean the same measures that have been passed in most countries including Israel?:confused:

Smee_Again wrote: »
    You sound bitter tand, you’d be better off refuting any specific allegations you disagree with instead of slagging off our quite highly rated peacekeepers.

"Israel is an Apartheid state" - I read and hear this a lot here, all with examples and link to UN defenitions.
    Funny how the Irish are experts in international law but have mostly zero understanding in foreign affairs and the middle east

^^^^^ DEFLECT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

"Israel is an Apartheid state" - I read and hear this a lot here, all with examples and link to UN defenitions.
    Funny how the Irish are experts in international law but have mostly zero understanding in foreign affairs and the middle east

It is though.

Next?

• Advertisement

And now you're sounding like a 6th year secondary student on a debating team.

You mean the same measures that have been passed in most countries including Israel?:confused:

Again, partial picture, Israel and other countries have ramped up their health systems, have works class researchers and made decisions to protect their people in the future.
    Also, used the lockdowns to improve track and trace. Make decisions and not hide behind their overlords in Brussels

Again, partial picture, Israel and other countries have ramped up their health systems, have works class researchers and made decisions to protect their people in the future.
    Also, used the lockdowns to improve track and trace. Make decisions and not hide behind their overlords in Brussels

DEFLECT

So Israel locked down the country and it was for the good of the people

Ireland did the same and its because they were told to do it?

I'll tell you what Ireland didn't do, they didn't refuse to allow vaccines into Gaza for the Palestinians, can you guess which apartheid regime did do that?

I'll give you a hint

It starts with I

And ends with srael ;)

Not really.

Replying to both,
    Calling a head of sovereign state a murderer behind a screen is defematory and cowerdly.
    Also, Bibi didn't install any opposition, he simply gets whomever isn't in the coalition as the head of the biggest party. There will be Likud party elections and anew leader likely to be elected.

And now you're sounding like a 6th year secondary student on a debating team.

I'll admit to English not being my first language (or even second) I'm doing my best but am probably wasting my time as simply dragging this down to back and forth.
    Have a nice day all. Sorry for poor vocabulary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Except we don’t murder travellers or steal their land!!

Good try though!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

That combover was the greatest crime of all

Advertisement