Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Enniskerry to see Enhanted set

Options
  • 13-06-2021 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good time to go?

Shooting starts tomorrow for the week and they’ll be back again the start of July. Assume set is closed during filming. Or is it just filming hours? What about the day before filming starts or the day after it ends?

Can’t find a good answer on Google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Zaney wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good time to go?

Shooting starts tomorrow for the week and they’ll be back again the start of July. Assume set is closed during filming. Or is it just filming hours? What about the day before filming starts or the day after it ends?

Can’t find a good answer on Google.

The whole village is closed off during shoots, think that's 7am til 10 at night.
    Roads are local access only and are basically shut.
    Pedestrian access not allowed to village either, all residents and business owners moved out.
    They're shooting again in July so no big panic to see the set but then they're shipping everything back to the states.
    It's basically impossible to get parking, usually you can park in the Bog Meadow for filled with staff from the set from early.
    The traffic jams into and out of the village are from 8:30 in the morning right through til about 7 or 8 at night.
    Total and utter nightmare for locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

ellejay wrote: »
    ..........all residents and business owners moved out........Total and utter nightmare for locals.
    Have owners & businesses been compensated for this, planned to cycle there next weekend but probably wont be allowed to access it

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

James 007 wrote: »
    Have owners & businesses been compensated for this, planned to cycle there next weekend but probably wont be allowed to access it

Surely. There was a house beside me used for a film when I was growing up and they get well compensated.

I’d say it’s the people who are not directly within the set are that lose out. Loads of disruption and not directly involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

The whole village is closed off during shoots, think that's 7am til 10 at night.
    Roads are local access only and are basically shut.
    Pedestrian access not allowed to village either, all residents and business owners moved out.
    They're shooting again in July so no big panic to see the set but then they're shipping everything back to the states.
    It's basically impossible to get parking, usually you can park in the Bog Meadow for filled with staff from the set from early.
    The traffic jams into and out of the village are from 8:30 in the morning right through til about 7 or 8 at night.
    Total and utter nightmare for locals.

Thanks. I’m no fan of traffic jams so will probably keep clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I think everyone is FROZEN out.
    Let it go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lol, you have no idea.

I knew a local official in a certain county, who met a delegation from a Hollywood production who needed a certain type of house to host a few weeks worth of shooting on a film. When he heard what it was worth to them, he gave them the keys to his own place and moved his family into three hotel rooms for 6 weeks, which they also paid for.

Indeed they have been. Very well.

And while I'm at it, the cyclists are the biggest problem.
    Every road in and out of the village blocked by them, every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Indeed they have been. Very well.

And while I'm at it, the cyclists are the biggest problem.
    Every road in and out of the village blocked by them, every weekend.

Blocked? You mean "used" surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

announced on local radio this morning that the filming hours are 0700 - 2200hrs for the week. NO access during those times, so i'd say next week would be your best bet to visit without issues.

Blocked? You mean "used" surely?

no I mean blocked.
    roads impassable.
    bikes all over the footpaths blocking access.
    taking up seating areas with their bottle of water.
    I 100% mean blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

no I mean blocked.
    roads impassable.
    I 100% mean blocked.

Which is it, the footpath or the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

no I mean blocked.
    roads impassable.
    I 100% mean blocked.

Are they all dead and tonne weight so can't be moved without heavy machinery? Because outside of your fantasy, that's really the only way they're blocking any road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

no I mean blocked.
    roads impassable.
    I 100% mean blocked.

Do you ever complain about the parked cars, vans and trucks blocking footpaths?

Did you ever consider overtaking the cyclists on the road using the other lane?

And as for seating areas and bottles of water, haaaaahahaaahaaahaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

I would like to take a little one to see the house that's been turned into the pink castle.
    Anyone happen to know which street this house is located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Enniskerry village is smaller than an avg housing estate and only two streets, you won't get lost.

There's also this one in Greystones if that's what you're referring to
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pretty-in-pink-the-greystones-house-being-used-for-filming-of-disney-movie-disenchanted-40466632.html

Plastik wrote: »
    Enniskerry village is smaller than an avg housing estate and only two streets, you won't get lost.

There's also this one in Greystones if that's what you're referring to
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pretty-in-pink-the-greystones-house-being-used-for-filming-of-disney-movie-disenchanted-40466632.html

Yes that's the one I'm referring to. It's not in Enniskerry village, it's somewhere in The Burnaby in Greystones, but would be handy to know which street exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Saudades wrote: »
    Yes that's the one I'm referring to. It's not in Enniskerry village, it's somewhere in The Burnaby in Greystones, but would be handy to know which street exactly.

Erskine Avenue. They're not encouraging visitors though. They have blocked a lot of it off and there is security moving people along.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oppy30

Does anyone know if there is anything left to see of the set these days? Or will they set it up from scratch again in July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

oppy30 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is anything left to see of the set these days? Or will they set it up from scratch again in July?

Looking to find this out too, herself wants to head down Monday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

It's all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Is the set still there? Heard they finished up. Still worth going to see it?

Advertisement