Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got this message on Vodafone Brandband?

Options
  • 13-06-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone with Vodafone Broadband got this error message? I was concerned because it said my Wi-Fi connection was not secure. It was causing me stress as I presumed that the network was compromised but a Vodafone support representative said it is a new thing Vodafone is doing and proceeded to change my password to one that was very easy to guess because I can't change the password without calling Vodafone to do it. I don't have access to change the network settings.

Is this normal? Seems like poor security when I get a message that the Wi-Fi connection is not secure as it is WPA TKIP and I am unable to correct the settings.
    555807.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

I get the same message on my Vodafone broadband, Nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 29 beamoflight

Do you have knowledge of IT security? Strange that I am denied controlling the settings of my own router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I would assume that you can use the Vodafone Broadband App to manage your settings?

I don't have access to the Vodafone Broadband App to manage the settings. I didn't download the Vodafone Broadband App so I don't contol the settings which makes the network vulnerable to other users.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you loading the control panel with a phone or tablet?

• Advertisement

I didn't download the Vodafone Broadband App. That's why it is so strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭butwhynot

To change it from TKIP to AES just change Protection Mode from "WPA+WPA2" to "WPA2". They haven't blocked access to that setting.

Super WiFi is the name of Vodafone's mesh WiFi in the UK. It has to be set up in the "Vodafone Broadband" app which is slightly different to the Gigabox app used here.

O5djdeSl.png

The only new thing I can see in this update is that WPS can’t be turned off anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I didn't download the Vodafone Broadband App. That's why it is so strange.

It may be pushing you to the app if your user agent is android/iOS. That's why I'm asking. Its helpful if you answer the question asked.

Advertisement