Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place in carlow for tractor mower repair?.

Options
  • 13-06-2021 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭

hi guys my tractor mower needs a new belt as it will not drive due to the old one being worn and slipping off,where is the best place in carlow to bring it in for repairs,cheers?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Would you not change belt yourself, handy job. Get the belt there off a few crowds in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Fils wrote: »
    Would you not change belt yourself, handy job. Get the belt there off a few crowds in Dublin.

looks awkward as i would need to take off the deck and everything,it is the belt that allows the mower to drive.

the cutting belt is easy to change as you do not have to remove the deck to replace the cutting deck belt.

the drive belt you have to remove the whole deck etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I'd second this suggestion. I'm useless at DIY and I managed to change a deck and a belt on a ride on mower. I took about 100 photos as I went. And just put everything back the same way as it came off.

can you send me on the places in dublin that sells the belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Bassy decks are designed to be removed easily. You’re just lazy.

• Advertisement

im not lazy at all,just i never did this before.my ride on mower was made in 1998 so would not be a modern ride on like the ones you see today.

can you send me on the places in dublin that sell the belts,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Mine wasn't that easy. But it was doable - with the photographic history.

I bought the bits from this crowd:

https://www.mowerparts.ie/about-us-1-w.asp

I found them helpful and very patient with me and my cluelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Coughlans on the O'Brien road or Carlow lawnmowers in at Swans electrical would be the main ones in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Joe O'Tooles in Tullow sell the belts and could also fit it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Don't forget Distag in Tullow will sell belts to the public aswell, Having bought both drive and deck belts online before from spare parts suppliers for my mower which snapped or started slipping pretty quickly i'd highly recommend distag, the quality of their belt is vastly better than online replacements.

If you have the make and model of the mower you should be able to look up a manual or youtube video on how to change the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Wicklowatheart

Ken Lawlor in Newtownallen is super and very good value. I have used him (and his late father, Jim) for 16 years. for PM me for his mobile number

Decided to give it a go myself,took the deck off in a few minutes and power washed it,am going to put a rust primer and hammerite on the deck.
    Am as well to now when it's all off.

Ordered the 2 belts yesterday from the north so should be here tomorrow or Monday.

I put on the old belt and it was squeeling and the foot brake was jerking and the belt came off in 2 minutes.i think it has become over stretched.

https://ibb.co/BZV3LKV

Quick update I ordered the 2 belts for my mower on Wednesday and got them yesterday,I fitted them both today and it wasn't to bad of a job at all.
    Mower is driving well now and it's faster with the new belt.

Am not putting the deck back on til I treat it for rust and then a nice coat of black paint.

ok guys completed the repairs and it was easy enough,done the deck for rust etc while i had it off,mower is flying :) cheers to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Great to hear Bassy!, I have a pretty old mower at this stage and have found that finding the parts manual online and then googling the part number for spares will result in you finding what your looking for along with knowing what to ask in likes of carlow mowers, coughlans etc if buying local

Advertisement