Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to play this with game pass this time around for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thing with Forza games is they do look that good.

Last 2 were stunning on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm going to play this with game pass this time around for a change.

Gonna do the same thing that I did with FH4.
    Get the base game free on GP, then buy the ultimate add-on that gets you everything else extra!
    Cars, expansions and VIP something or other :)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mz0sr207mg8

^ Not a bad idea at all. Something I will consider doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Gonna do the same thing that I did with FH4.
    Get the base game free on GP, then buy the ultimate add-on that gets you everything else extra!
    Cars, expansions and VIP something or other :)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mz0sr207mg8

Just on this -you know the way the games get de-listed after a while(IIRC, you cant buy forza 2 in the store anymore). just might be worth making sure that in a years time, you're not stuck with a dlc pack for a game you don't own if it leaves Game pass.

• Advertisement

Just on this -you know the way the games get de-listed after a while(IIRC, you cant buy forza 2 in the store anymore). just might be worth making sure that in a years time, you're not stuck with a dlc pack for a game you don't own if it leaves Game pass.

If it is ever due to get de-listed, it'll probably be so far in the future that you could buy that base game for a tenner, before it's removed from the store.
    But this is a convo for digital game purchases in general, not just FH5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

They gave FH3 for free the month before it had to be taken off the store so I imagine it'll be the same when FH4 and 5 licences deals run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

This looks great. I wouldn't be a huge car game fan, but I like these open world car games. FH4 is my most played game on the Gamepass.

I decided to splash out on Forza Horizon merch, and my FH5 sticker arrived today. I should have a FH5 t-shirt sometime next week.

Nice :)

The t-shirt looks nice in black!
    Might pick one up myself :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nice :)

The t-shirt looks nice in black!
    Might pick one up myself :)

I picked up the t-shirt in white. That's coming from Spain. My sticker came from Latvia. First time I ever got anything from Latvia :D

Love the Horizon series. Happy I have 1 - 3 digitally as well (1 and 2 through games with gold and I bought 3) before they were delisted because I go back and play through all them. You can still play 1 - 3 if you get them on disc though, if anyone is looking to play them.

Can't wait for 5.

Cool 😁

Forza channel on YouTube is worth checking out:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I bought FH4, FH3 and Motorsports 7 for cheap before I got GamePass. They look great. But I can't get into them. They just don't click with me. I think I'm just not playing them right. Usually I end out in front and barge/bounce around things. And still win. Maybe I'm not getting the slides/motion right. Or I've got some stupid defaults on. Time for a YouTube video or two.

Also, the commentators annoy me. Think I'll turn them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Full map unveiled.

I'm already getting PTSD thinking of the all roads driven achievement!

I'm still missing 3 roads in FH4 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 13 figleaf25

The visual fidelity took a leap forward with this one...but my god does the Horizon series make me get super hyped. I can't even begin to stress how much I love this series and how much it's made me fall in love with racing games again.

• Advertisement

Would you buy one Jordan?

It might be a bit too colourful for me 😀

Something from design labs might suit me better!

I took a chance and preordered it early this morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I don't know why i never got in to the Horizon games.

MotorSport just done it for me more i guess.

This does look like a fantastic game, will certainly give it a shot on GamePass

Yuck controller.

The new game looks very, very impressive. Gorgeous. Same game. Just more polished! And to be honest, a much more interesting location. They are an incredible development team. I'm looking forward to seeing what that open world RPG they are creating will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

FH4 had way too many cars - it's good to have a choice, but in the end I had like 250 cars in the garage, and probably didn't drive more than 30 of them. Anyway, not sure if that's really an issue. FH5 is looking pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I don't think it's the number of cars so much as the way they're handed out, you end up winning tons of cars without even noticing. I miss the old original Gran Turismo games where you saved up for a car, then saved up for the upgrades for that car, and you actually cared about it and it was an event when you moved on to your next one. You could still get that experience with a car list that has 100s of cars, it's just a matter of tuning the economy and making the player think about what they want to drive next.

In FH you end up with dozens of cars you didn't choose, you were just given them by a slot machine. On top of that the game auto-upgrades the car to a specific class for you, which in theory makes for a nicely streamlined user experience, but it also makes the cars all feel much more samey and less unique.

On top of that FH has basically been the same game in a new location for the last three iterations, and the games are so frequent that you kind of lose track of what cars you owned in which game.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun and highly polished game, but I do hope they bring something new to the table and don't just put out the same game again but in Mexico this time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I have to be honest I actually found it a mess trying to figure out which cars I owned and which I didn't in FH4 at times. Just raced along in whatever car the events needed and left it at that. Great game and all, but definitely makes the cars feel disposable the way they're dished out with random abandon.

• Advertisement

I guess if you're a car nerd and have a load of time, it's great to have the huge variety to collect and upgrade.

For me, who basically always picks the same configuration in Mario Kart, it's too much to get my head around.

Advertisement