Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best cycling club jersey

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wide angle on the lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

wide angle on the lens?

Maybe the thing clipped to it tricks the eyes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Any gold or yellow unless you have won the Olympics or TdF. Same goes for yellow bikes unless it's your clubs colour
    Sod that, while not a Trek fan one of my club mates has gold decals on her bike and she looks like she is the most pro rider going, easily mistaken for someone riding with Legion LA.
    sod the yellow jersey rule. why doesn't that apply to the giro or vuelta too (considering the latest boards jersey is pink).
    also, yellow bikes are the business.
    Pink is actually the business, and far nicer a colour for a bike or jersey than yellow, there, I said it.
    eeeee wrote: »
    People join Sundrive for the kit alone. There's one on my commute from the before times who goes the opposite direction to me and I have no idea who they are (it's a small club).
    I almost did too, how fickle I am, thankfully my club had a wonderful graphic designer who turned our kit from an eyesore to, according to this thread sample, one of the best kits in Ireland.

I am of course joking about leaving the club over the old kit but it really was awful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

What ever about wearing yellow etc, one of my bikes is stamped with ahem, 7 times Tour de France winner, which is wrong for many reasons.*

*I'm saying goodbye to it today though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

People join Sundrive for the kit alone. There's one on my commute from the before times who goes the opposite direction to me and I have no idea who they are (it's a small club).

Was it done by a graphic designer with a knowledge of the sport and heritage? Looks like it!! Some of the worst sports kits are done by committee. GAA clubs (and county) are notorious for this and the result is desperate.

I knew good designers that worked in O'Neils designing nice kits to be overridden by clueless club & county officials.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    *I'm saying goodbye to it today though
    viking burial?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Was it done by a graphic designer with a knowledge of the sport and heritage? Looks like it!! Some of the worst sports kits are done by committee. GAA clubs (and county) are notorious for this and the result is desperate.

I knew good designers that worked in O'Neils designing nice kits to be overridden by clueless club & county officials.

The founders had a good idea and went with it! It's been the same since the club was set up (2007).
    We're very lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Any gold or yellow unless you have won the Olympics or TdF. Same goes for yellow bikes unless it's your clubs colour
    F*ck that, you can take my KAS and Once (yellow and pink) jerseys from my cold, dead hands!
    John_Rambo wrote:
    Was it done by a graphic designer with a knowledge of the sport and heritage?
    Latest Bray one certainly had professional input anyway.
    John_Rambo wrote:
    Some of the worst sports kits are done by committee. GAA clubs (and county) are notorious for this and the result is desperate.

I think all kits, cycling/ gaa/ football are really subject to the templates on offer from the suppliers these days.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I think all kits, cycling/ gaa/ football are really subject to the templates on offer from the suppliers these days.

Still gives you huge scope, I've done a few sports kits before, the simpler the better. Font choice is important. There's a weird obsession with faux Celtic fonts in Ireland. Clontarf Cycling club went with one.

I'm in agreement with Cramcycle. Pink looks great on sportspeople.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    I am of course joking about leaving the club over the old kit but it really was awful

I still wear the old Winter Gilet commuting. It's hideous and I love it.

• Advertisement

Sod that, while not a Trek fan one of my club mates has gold decals on her bike and she looks like she is the most pro rider going, easily mistaken for someone riding with Legion LA.

Pink is actually the business, and far nicer a colour for a bike or jersey than yellow, there, I said it.
    I almost did too, how fickle I am, thankfully my club had a wonderful graphic designer who turned our kit from an eyesore to, according to this thread sample, one of the best kits in Ireland.

Just seeing this now. I'd encourage any club to utilise professionals within the club to design the kit!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

viking burial?

No, just selling the frameset. A hint of sadness as it got me hooked, but clearing the decks of bikes to make room for other ones down the line.

Also, I'm so so on the Tiernan's jersey, but it's very recognisable, however I saw a pic of their rain jackets and that is lovely. I'd gladly wear that.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There's a weird obsession with faux Celtic fonts in Ireland.
    yes. good for riverdance album covers, bad for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭secman

Same here just don't see the beauty in the StTiernan's jerseys at all.... not saying its bad either. Gorey is nice though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

F*ck that, you can take my KAS and Once (yellow and pink) jerseys from my cold, dead hands!

Latest Bray one certainly had professional input anyway.

Current Bray kit was designed in-house by Spin11 with a few other variations. Great design. Nearly didn't win out at the committee vote though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,161 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

My own bike actually has gold decals too. I wasnt too impressed as the bike I saw in the shop was a different colour but the black/gold was all they had in my size. I get over it but certainly wont be matching it with gold handlebars/saddle/clothing any time soon

Plastik wrote: »
    Current Bray kit was designed in-house by Spin11 with a few other variations. Great design. Nearly didn't win out at the committee vote though!
    Before my time on the committee, but the current iteration is velorevolution, and I think it's a step up from the Spin11 gear aesthetically (even if the base design is largely the same). I have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Some of the things velorevolution did, like a version that didn't carry the blue from the sleeve over the shoulder to the neck were absolutely horrific mistakes. I'd doubt anyone with just a passing glance or both versions side by side would pick up the subtleties of some of the changes in recent times. So all my 12 points would go do Spin11, it's still their design!

The founders had a good idea and went with it! It's been the same since the club was set up (2007).
    We're very lucky!

I know one club where the committee are meeting to change their kit and its only a few years old, I don't get this obsession with change if the current one makes almost everyone happy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I know one club where the committee are meeting to change their kit and its only a few years old, I don't get this obsession with change if the current one makes almost everyone happy.

It's also more affordable, you don't have to keep buying new kit to race in.

That said if the kit is hideous I can understand the need for change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

had few calls to redesign our kit but im definitely not a designer so i left well alone. the changes have been because of colour or printing limitations of different suppliers.

It's also more affordable, you don't have to keep buying new kit to race in.
    It's not a requirement to be in the current kit, is it? As far as I'm aware you're supposed to be in club kit if a member of a club, but not necessarily the current iteration?

It's not a requirement to be in the current kit, is it? As far as I'm aware you're supposed to be in club kit if a member of a club, but not necessarily the current iteration?
    The lawyers will know for certain but I think if your racing you should be in the most current kit registered with CI, now, nothing to stop your club registering the new and old one so no one is pressured for a few years as far as I know but if its not your registered kit design, then you have to wear plain, no sponsors kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

...but but... the Tiernan's kit is changing for next year, no pressure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Any club that uses a faux WT Jersey can get in the sea as far as I am concerned.

Junior wrote: »
    Any club that uses a faux WT Jersey can get in the sea as far as I am concerned.

I definitely saw a fake Bahrain earlier which could be problematic with the building rumours.

Even more of a sin I'm pretty sure I saw a fake Moltini jersey

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My local GAA club has so many different kits floating around and they're obviously different, not just subtle differences. I'm not really sure which one is the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭cletus

My local GAA club has so many different kits floating around and they're obviously different, not just subtle differences. I'm not really sure which one is the correct one.

I remember times playing underage football when there wouldn't be one full kit, and the set of jerseys you'd be playing in would be made op of two or three different kits. As long as you had a run of numbers from 1-15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

I definitely saw a fake Bahrain earlier which could be problematic with the building rumours.

Even more of a sin I'm pretty sure I saw a fake Moltini jersey

I've seen BMC, Etixx Quickstep, there's a few more that were delete off pro logos and drop on our logo type efforts.

• Advertisement

Junior wrote: »
    I've seen BMC, Etixx Quickstep, there's a few more that were delete off pro logos and drop on our logo type efforts.

Moltini is making a pretty bold statement though

Advertisement