Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Mexico for work, credit card has been blocked.

Options
  • 14-06-2021 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I have recently moved to Mexico for a work project but my credit card has been blocked preventing me from making any transactions, purchasing items etc. 

My Irish phone number used for authentication of my purchases also does not work here in Mexico and so I cannot contact BOI directly nor approve any of my purchases. 

I have updated my 365 to reflect my current location (Mexico) and I changed my contact number to my Mexican phone number which unfortunately does not let me make international calls or texts. 

Any ideas or path forward would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

In this case I would advise contacting our Card Security Team directly by calling 00353 56775 7007 from abroad or by emailing fpucardsecurity@boi.com and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to look into this for you and discuss it with you further. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here and we'd be happy to helps as best as we can. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement