Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Resident Opening Bank Account (under 18 y/o)

Options
  • 14-06-2021 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

I've a relative from an EU country looking to move to Ireland for a few months later in the year to work. She is 17 years old. I'm just curious as to what would be required from her to open a bank account with BOI before/when she arrives as I assume she'll need one for most jobs to work here. TIA. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Klonker, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to apply for a Personal Current Account with our Coming to Ireland Team prior to moving to Ireland your relative would need to be 18 years or older. 

As your relative is under 18 they wouldn't be able to apply for a Personal Current Account on their arrival. We do have Second Level Student Accounts for those under 18 however these applications can't be done with our Coming to Ireland Team. 

I'd advise that when your relative arrives in Ireland calls into their local Bank of Ireland branch and one of my colleagues would be happy to assist further as best as they can. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement