Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing from MortgageSaver Account

Options
  • 14-06-2021 1:21pm

I have a MortgageSaver account with BOI but it looks like I won't be buying any time soon. I'd like to withdraw the money from the account. 

I presumed I could just arrange a bank transfer out over the phone but they said I'd have to go to the branch. The branch told me the only way is to do a cash withdrawal and I'd need to order in the cash because of the amount. 

Is this actually true? I need to withdraw tends of thousands in cash?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

In order to withdraw from your MortgageSaver account you would need to call into branch with photo ID. 

Could I ask what branch you'd be looking to make the withdrawal from? I can certainly reach out to them to check the procedure for you. 

Thanks, Eve 

• It would be the Dun Laoghaire branch. 

Ideally just a bank transfer to my KBC current account which is the one that funds the direct debit to the BOI Mortgage Saver account. 

Having to withdraw cash isn't acceptable. 

• Is there any update to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks so much for bearing with us. 

The branch have confirmed that you'd certainly be able to transfer the funds from your MortgageSaver account to your KBC account. 

If you call into branch with photo ID and your IBAN for your KBC account and an advisor would be happy to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement