Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mesh WiFi 6 networks

• 14-06-2021 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have tried searching for this topic extensively but I haven’t really found many recommendations in here. I am looking for recommendations for a good WiFi 6 mesh system as I haven’t had much luck with them so far. I currently have a Ubiquiti Amplifi HD system which is great and just works with my devices but the wireless is maxing out at about 100meg and I now have a gigabit connection so I am looking for something better. I have already tried the ASUS XT8 mesh which had some issues. Mainly that the roaming was a disaster. If I walked from one part of the house to the other then connections were dropping. It also didn’t work right with my Sonos or Bose speakers. Then I tried an Orbi system, 753, and once I put that into bridge mode it just completely fell over and was dropping connection between the internet and nodes every couple of minutes. Anyone using the Amplifi Alien or have any other recommendations. I want something solid with as fast a speed as possible and preferably tri-band. The Amplifi Alien is only Dual Band so I wouldn’t be sure about the speeds. Also now that I don’t need a system in bridge mode as I can replace my Vodafone router with a new one means I’m tempted to try an Orbi system again as it didn’t have issues until put into bridge mode. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭jones

Digging up an old thread here i know but just wondering what was it with the XT8 that didn't work? So moving between the two units meant the connection would drop? I'm waiting on FTTH in the next month and have just bought the XT8 for when it arrives. Everything i read about the XT8 said it wouldn't do as you describe and would be fairly rock solid.

What did you end up going for in the end?

Advertisement