Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 US OPEN Torrey Pines, LA JOLLA, Calif

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dr. Bre wrote:
    Imagine bland winning after taking so long to win on the European tour!
    So many things if he won, length of time it took him to win as you say and a second oldie in a row winning a major.

He'd be the third oldest in history, one day short of second oldest, if he wins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Very interesting there about the signals caddies give to the tv cameras to let them know what club they are hitting!

Anyone know why four fingers = 9 iron?

Degag wrote:
    Anyone know why four fingers = 9 iron?
    Are you sure it's not five plus four?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not five plus four?

Don't think so but perhaps the "five" is implied as there won't be ambiguity over whether a golfer is hitting a 4 iron or a 9 iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

If none of my bets win this weekend, I'd absolutely love to see Matthew Wolff win after watching his interview after his round today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Or seeing Richard Bland win would be brilliant too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

This is brilliantly poised now, literally any outcome can happen from here. Hopefully nobody stretches the leaderboard today so that we have up to 15 with a shout starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If none of my bets win this weekend, I'd absolutely love to see Matthew Wolff win after watching his interview after his round today.

Ya it was a great interview, he spoke very well for a lad that only turned 22 a few weeks ago.

Not a huge fan of this course, very few memorable or distinctive holes

Hopefully the leaderboard is tight going into tomorrow to make things exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Yeah it’s all a bit meh. Lots of straight, long par 4s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Really good in depth article here by a golf course architect about why it's not a great course. Hard to argue with any of his points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

is sky golf in uhd? also was in kk mount j looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The golf course may be boring and bland but the leaderboard is really heating up now. Very tight and plenty of big names in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

is sky golf in uhd? also was in kk mount j looks amazing

HD only for now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bland has done ok so far, hopefully he's up there at the end of the day. Hasn't missed a fairway yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

What wins it? I'm thinking 7 or 6 under and you will be champion

I didn't see Rahm's ball hit anything on that missed putt and yet he blames the greens. Nothing is ever his fault. Yawn

Bryson in with a good shout for tomorrow -3.

I'm warming to him a bit more. I think between him and Brooks Brooks is the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bryson in with a good shout for tomorrow -3.

I'm warming to him a bit more. I think between him and Brooks Brooks is the arse.

The 2 of them are, one the left cheek, the other the right. Bryson trying to pretend the Brooks shouts don’t bother him :D “then they’re like ‘no, team Bryson’ “

Brooks encouraging fans to heckle a fellow pro is really bad form.

• Advertisement

I reckon Louis wins tomorrow. I hope so too as I think he deserves a second major

Brooks encouraging fans to heckle a fellow pro is really bad form.
    DeChambeau is a clown, plain and simple. From thumping his putter hard on greens when he misses a putt to disrespecting some of the legends of the game by berating their courses during a round to being brutally slow.
    He disrespected Brooks so he's fair game for it.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I reckon Louis wins tomorrow. I hope so too as I think he deserves a second major

I’m kicking myself that I didn’t pick him at the start!
    His final round at the PGA put me off.

But he looks allot more comfortable here.
    Should be a great final round.

eagle eye wrote: »
    DeChambeau is a clown, plain and simple. From thumping his putter hard on greens when he misses a putt to disrespecting some of the legends of the game by berating their courses during a round to being brutally slow.
    He disrespected Brooks so he's fair game for it.
    B

It’s opening a Pandora’s box encouraging heckling a professional on the course. You could have fans trying to put him off in the middle of his swing.

Brooks tough guy too cool for school act is a bit pathetic at this stage too.

If they don’t like each other maybe they could organise a charity boxing match or something.

It’s opening a Pandora’s box encouraging heckling a professional on the course. You could have fans trying to put him off in the middle of his swing.
    It's very minor stuff, hardly worthy of the name heckling.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Yes another opportunity for Bryson to walk past a Brooks interview. All looking staged at this stage and good for the social media hits and generating a rivalry for bigger TV viewership.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah Bryson is an absolute lurk really. Bit of a big headed dick smarty than everybody nerd vibe off him.

Brooks went a little too far but hopefully the rivalry continues anyway.

Back to the action. According to data golf; the percentage chance of a person winning are;
    Louis 24
    Henley 14.5
    Hughes 12.4
    Bryson 12.1
    Rory 10.4
    Rahm 6.9
    Scheffler 3.2
    Wolff 2.0
    Xander 3.6
    Morikawa 2.5
    Johnson 2.2
    Koepka .9
    Thomas .9

Realistically the winner will come from the names above and I can see unless the wind picks up that the winning score will be 6 under.

Don’t have much confidence in the top trio to actually win. Louis has been runner up so many times and has yet to win in the US. Hughes and Henley haven’t won in over 4 years so the pressure must be weighing in them. In saying that the likely of shooting a big number isn’t massive at this course. It’s more a gradual drop such as Bland yesterday.

I think the winner will come from rory, Bryson or Rahm. Hopefully not Bryson anyway. Think one of them will shoot 68 or 67 and win it.

Preference to win is Rory, Louis followed by Rahm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cant see Louis getting it done, seems to fade in Rd 4 too often when in with a chance. Reckon the winner comes from those on 2 and 3 under. My preference is for Rahm but I wouldn't mind if Bryson successfully defended.

• Advertisement

Ah Bryson is an absolute lurk really. Bit of a big headed dick smarty than everybody nerd vibe off him.

Brooks went a little too far but hopefully the rivalry continues anyway.

Back to the action. According to data golf; the percentage chance of a person winning are;
    Louis 24
    Henley 14.5
    Hughes 12.4
    Bryson 12.1
    Rory 10.4
    Rahm 6.9
    Scheffler 3.2
    Wolff 2.0
    Xander 3.6
    Morikawa 2.5
    Johnson 2.2
    Koepka .9
    Thomas .9

Realistically the winner will come from the names above and I can see unless the wind picks up that the winning score will be 6 under.

Don’t have much confidence in the top trio to actually win. Louis has been runner up so many times and has yet to win in the US. Hughes and Henley haven’t won in over 4 years so the pressure must be weighing in them. In saying that the likely of shooting a big number isn’t massive at this course. It’s more a gradual drop such as Bland yesterday.

I think the winner will come from rory, Bryson or Rahm. Hopefully not Bryson anyway. Think one of them will shoot 68 or 67 and win it.

Preference to win is Rory, Louis followed by Rahm.

Surprised Louis is such a favourite considering his bridemaid career on the PGA tour. US open app has him at 32.9%

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement