Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chassis number engraving/stamping

Options
  • 14-06-2021 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals, hoping someone here can help me out.

I own a 2009 Nissan Navara that failed the CVRT a few months back for chassis rust/corrosion (shocker, I know :eek:)

I have had all the rust/corrosion repaired and the chassis reinforced. The engineer that carried out the work issued me with an RSA Engineers report to certify the chassis as safe.

I am now faced with another issue. The original imprint of the chassis number had corroded off and the CVRT will not pass the truck without it being there. I have approached a few garages trying to find someone that will engrave the number on but I have not had any luck.

I went to a main Nissan dealer and they said they cannot do the work but they issued me with a document verifying the chassis number.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of getting this issue resolved?

Thanks in advance
    Anto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

The main dealer document should be enough for the test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Stoolbend wrote: »
    The main dealer document should be enough for the test centre.

Here's hoping...
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

get a set of stamps and stamp it on yourself. It's what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Isambard wrote: »
    get a set of stamps and stamp it on yourself. It's what I did

I dont suppose you've a picture of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

I dont suppose you've a picture of it?

no, but not sure what difference it would make. Stripped back the paint, backed panel with a hulk of wood to stop the metal deflecting and it worked fine. Have the stamps somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

I'd also recommend DIY, a set of stamps is cheap enough. To keep it neat I'd suggest using a straight edge to mark a straight baseline with pencil.

But there's no requirement for neatness, I've seen re-stamped VINs that Stevie Wonder would have done better.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement