Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOPRO Issues

Options
  • 14-06-2021 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought a GOPRO bundle deal recently which included an SD Card - the SD card arrived but is faulty and wont work. GOPRO have refusing to replace it noting that it was 'free' as part of the bundle (I never got a cost breakdown) and that I should contact the manufacturer directly to replace.

I have been fed this line by a number of their advisors and supervisors - am I not right in saying that my contract is with GOPRO and it is their responsibility to replace? The SD cards are for sale seperately on their website so I cant understand their stance.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

If i understand, you are on principle refusing to contact the manufacturer, who would likely issue a warranty replacement?

Is that your position? Why not contact the SD card manufacturer, and get a replacement via that avenue? Now if the manufacturer said no that would be a different kettle of fish.

there is often more than one way to resolve an issue, why are you inflexible on this? What remedy would you like - i replacing the SD card doesn't appeal to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

I suppose my point is my contract is with GOPRO, they took the money for the SD card so I would have thought it would have been their responsibility to replace it. If I contact Sandisk, what order number would I refer to - I have not bought anything from them. I am just looking for a replacement SD card yes, that GOPRO sell themselves.

If I bought a rotten potato in Dunnes and brought it back to the shop, I wouldn't expect them to tell me to talk to the farmer as its nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

right but if you bought a gift set in dunnes and they threw in a free packet of crisps, what refund would you expect if the crisps are bad?
    thats in keeping with your analogy.

you don't have a receipt for the SD card. if they issue you a refund for €0.00 then are they covered? the suggestion is that the SD card was bundled so that would cover what you paid for it!

or would you rather they insisted you packed up everything and returned t and then they would inspect it, and refund you?

they made a practical suggestion that should result in you getting what you want. im not sure why you are 'fighting' this battle, nor what remedy you want from the vendor.

Yes but there was never an indication that the SD card was free. If the camera was faulty they could argue that I paid for the SD card and the camera was free! That was never made clear.

One thing wont work without the other. My concern is having to contact Sandisk who I have no order with, and no order number or reference, and have to ask them for a refund of money that I paid to someone else for the item.

I am not looking for a refund, I am looking for a replacement which they sell individually on their own site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

right but if you bought a gift set in dunnes and they threw in a free packet of crisps, what refund would you expect if the crisps are bad?
    thats in keeping with your analogy.

I would expect dunnes to give me a new packet of crisps.

They can't ignore their responsibility by saying that part of a package of goods is free.
    The customer pays for the package of goods including all items within it.

Personally I'd be pushing for GoPro to replace it.
    I might try pop an email to sandisk, but given no contract with them I'm not sure they would be helpful, and I wouldn't be putting much effort in as you have no rights with them.

• Advertisement

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I would expect dunnes to give me a new packet of crisps.

They can't ignore their responsibility by saying that part of a package of goods is free.
    The customer pays for the package of goods including all items within it.

Personally I'd be pushing for GoPro to replace it.
    I might try pop an email to sandisk, but given no contract with them I'm not sure they would be helpful, and I wouldn't be putting much effort in as you have no rights with them.

Yes they were my thoughts too. I've no real problem contacting Sandisk if they will provide an easy resolution but my concern is it will be a drawn out process or they will tell me to go back to the merchant (GOPRO) who sold me the faulty card. I have spoken to 4 advisors who have told me it is not GOPRO's problem and said that their supervisor wasn't available to escalate it to at the time.

Have sent Sandisk an email so will see how it goes from here. If they replace I dont really know what to do if GOPRO are outright refusing to replace. Just think it is a strange process and customer service, especially giving GOPRO sell the cards directly so would have assumed it was an easy replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gopro.com

GoPro are absolutely terrible when it comes to support. I've spent weeks going back and forth with them previously when my camera wouldn't work and they offered no solution. In the end, I had to give up, and was left with a €200 paperweight.

If you can get any resolution with Sandisk, then jump on it. If you don't, then I'd suggest Amazon for a new SD card. You will 100% get nowhere with GoPro themselves.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gopro.com

GoPro are absolutely terrible when it comes to support. I've spent weeks going back and forth with them previously when my camera wouldn't work and they offered no solution. In the end, I had to give up, and was left with a €200 paperweight.

If you can get any resolution with Sandisk, then jump on it. If you don't, then I'd suggest Amazon for a new SD card. You will 100% get nowhere with GoPro themselves.

That is shocking, I'm surprised to see a renowned company score so poorly, and its totally justified in my experience. 'Dropped' chats, being cut off, and service being of no service basically!

I have left a comment on their facebook page and they seem to be engaging again so will see how it goes

Advertisement