Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweeping new powers for Gardai (and no opposition)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Tip of the iceberg i'd say

Or it might suggest the vast majority of Gardai go about their business to the best of their ability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

As of last month , over 70 Gardai are currently suspended and in the last three years 17 have been dismissed. So it does suggest there is some form of accountability and disciplinary procedures being in use.

14,708 members and 2944 reserves. So 70 is 0.39% of staff.

ineedeuro wrote: »
    14,708 members and 2944 reserves. So 70 is 0.39% of staff.

So what would like to do ? Randomly suspend Gardai that have done nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

quote-the-best-way-to-take-control-over-a-people-and-control-them-utterly-is-to-take-a-little-adolf-hitler-51-52-29.jpg?w=540&h=254

So what would like to do ? Randomly suspend Gardai that have done nothing.

I have no idea what you mean?

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you mean?

Maybe im reading your post incorrectly, it looked to me that you were suggesting to little Gardai have been suspended or discharged .Apologies if im wrong.

quote-the-best-way-to-take-control-over-a-people-and-control-them-utterly-is-to-take-a-little-adolf-hitler-51-52-29.jpg?w=540&h=254

That quote is generally not accepted as one of Hitler's and nor is it in Mein Kampf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Maybe im reading your post incorrectly, it looked to me that you were suggesting to little Gardai have been suspended or discharged .Apologies if im wrong.

We’ll see how many are suspended when random drug tests are rolled out and how long it lasts. There are loads of them on the bag at weekends and who smoke weed daily. I’m guessing once they see the numbers it’ll be quietly dropped.

No I am saying that out of the total Gardai staff only 0.39% are suspended. You will always have some bad eggs in a large organisation. If nobody was suspended I would be more concerned

Fandymo wrote: »
    We’ll see how many are suspended when random drug tests are rolled out and how long it lasts. There are loads of them on the bag at weekends and who smoke weed daily. I’m guessing once they see the numbers it’ll be quietly dropped.

I wonder would GSOC be interested if you contacted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,018 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hitler steamrolled everyone and everything out of his way

Nothing and eroding or tiny with that boyo!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fandymo wrote: »

Have you any evidence of this claim? If not don't bring it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Shhhure if you’ve done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear

Unless you are a Garda whistleblower, a politician the government don't like, (Clare Daly/Paul Murphy) someone the local Garda Sergent doesn't like, someone investigating no paper trail Garda contracts with contractors, breath test inconsistencies, or your local Garda works for drug dealers or your ex is a disgruntled Garda, or your information is passed on or sold without your knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The best way to oppose an idea without having to be arsed to construct a reasoned argument against it is to make up a quote apparently supportive of the idea, and attribute it to Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

Yeah because the "war on drugs" is going to be won by going through text messages from a guy with a 25 bag :rolleyes:

You should be very very careful about what rights you flippantly want to have removed because once one goes, more will follow.

People just refuse to learn from history. Complete and utter delusion: thinking the Gardai have your absolute best interest in mind.

They exist to bolster the stranglehold FF/FG has in the country. They are there for evictions, worker strikes and the property rights of the ruling class. They are not there protect you in any way.

They WILL abuse these new rights. And it will be too late.

People just refuse to learn from history. Complete and utter delusion: thinking the Gardai have your absolute best interest in mind.

They exist to bolster the stranglehold FF/FG has in the country. They are there for evictions, worker strikes and the property rights of the ruling class. They are not there protect you in any way.

They WILL abuse these new rights. And it will be too late.

Do people really believe this rubbish? Why would the Gardai be working to keep FF and FG in power after they have underfunded them for the last 30 years? If not more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Do people really believe this rubbish? Why would the Gardai be working to keep FF and FG in power after they have underfunded them for the last 30 years? If not more

I don't think that is the case but the obvious answer is that if ff/fg aren't in power, then sf will be.

Advertisement