Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affadavit and vouching documents

Options
  • 15-06-2021 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    Wife left few months back and initiated separtion very abruptly and soon after leaving. Requested my affadavit and vouching documents within 4 weeks. My solictor let them know we had them ready and to send theirs, no reply from their side so my solictor advised to send ours on and if she doesn't reply within 14 days that we summons to court. Just wondering from anyones past experience why would they not reply or send back after she initiated this? Both of us want a quick settlement so have no idea why her solictor won't respond after numerous calls and emails. We aren't amicable nor speaking so only way is via a solictor which will cost us both lots of money. No kids involved and it's been a short marraige.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Would you not try mediation? Avoid court if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Hi
    Wife left few months back and initiated separtion very abruptly and soon after leaving. Requested my affadavit and vouching documents within 4 weeks. My solictor let them know we had them ready and to send theirs, no reply from their side so my solictor advised to send ours on and if she doesn't reply within 14 days that we summons to court. Just wondering from anyones past experience why would they not reply or send back after she initiated this? Both of us want a quick settlement so have no idea why her solictor won't respond after numerous calls and emails. We aren't amicable nor speaking so only way is via a solictor which will cost us both lots of money. No kids involved and it's been a short marraige.

Why do ye need solicitors if there are no kids?
    Do you he have assets that need splitting?
    Or are ye fighting for one another’s assets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cosgrave1981

Would you not try mediation? Avoid court if possible.

She initiated this via solictors first I asked to mediated but she wont even do that. Can't phathom the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cosgrave1981

XsApollo wrote: »
    Why do ye need solicitors if there are no kids?
    Do you he have assets that need splitting?
    Or are ye fighting for one another’s assets?

Have a house purchased only two years ago. I'm hoping to settle and buy her out if possible

Advertisement