Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club matchplay rules

Options
  • 15-06-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Whats the usual rules in matchplay games. Who contacts who? What if the deadline has passed and no one contacts the other who's the winner then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Whats the usual rules in matchplay games. Who contacts who? What if the deadline has passed and no one contacts the other who's the winner then?

Sometimes clubs put in who ever is on top of the draw contacts the other team/player. I usually always make first contact as its best to know early when you can play it.

If neither side plays before the deadline, then by the rules of golf they are DQ'd but i dont think many clubs actually adhere to that. My club usually give a warning if a game not played then draw the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

In some cases ive seen it sorted with a toss of a coin.

I think though what should happen is both are DQ'd and the next opponent gets a bye.

I love the matchplays but getting matches organized is like performing brain surgery at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Our club circulates the phone numbers to each entrant and advise that you provide two possible choices of date. If the deadline passes, generally it's decided by coin toss. Club software actually can do this with a random selection of the winner.

Advertisement