Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AES/Bord Na Mona don't collect my recycling bin

• 16-06-2021 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've lived in Newbridge for a month and a half and they haven't collected my recycling bin once on the day that they were meant to. They send text reminders to put it out before 9 the night before collection, which I always do, and there's nothing in it that shouldn't be there. They just don't pick it up, they'll take the organic bin that goes out the same day and I've only ever heard one truck so I think the recycling one just doesn't come by. I've complained about it every time and they say they'll reschedule the collection but then the truck doesn't show up on the rescheduled date either. The one time they did collect it was on a general waste collection day and I hadn't even put the recycling bin out, they pulled it from the side of the house and so I got charged the wrong rate for it, they still haven't replied to my complaint about that from last week.

Is there an ombudsman or something I can make a complaint to? I'm paying for a service they're consistently failing to provide. I know the obvious answer is change companies but there's only one other option where I live and I'd be paying significantly more with them, so I'd prefer if AES just did their job.

Comments

There's only one truck for a start. Both bins go into seperate compartments in it.

It sounds to me like you're using your recycling bin for general waste, and your general waste bin for your recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Should be stickers on the sides of the bin saying what they are but with AES/Bord Na Mona, new customers will have a blue recycling and green waste bin

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Did you ever resolve your issues with BNM?

Same situation, bin collected once in the last eight weeks and even that wasn't on schedule.

Joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

Lads, what is going on with this place. They seem to be having lots of systems issues constantly. Getting incorrect collection messages, apologies about incorrect collection messages, not getting notifications about payments due.

I just had a collection missed because of payments due. And I had no notification about it. Only finding out when the truck drove off and left full bins behind.

Their web app has a bug showing conflicting information. Sometimes it'll show in credit, sometimes it won't.

It's stressful dealing with these guys. Trying to keep on top of the account is a head wreck. I've tried saving card information to not have to deal with it and that doesn't work either.

Like they must know it's this unreliable. The fact that they rely on informing you by leaving behind a full bin of waste rather than following up with a notification to pay is beyond me. Especially since they charge a service fee for the period anyway. Like, why not pick it up anyway and settle the credit later.

There must be loads of people getting hit with these stupid frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

Whilst I don't have a problem with the collection service with this company in my area it's very good plus we also have glass bottle collection which is really handy my issue is the price.

A standard account with a 140L black bin is €383.99 this renewal.

A new customer taking out the exact same account is paying €319.

This is price gouging at it's finest and just quite simply not fair!

I have been offered a discount of €354 which is the new business price for a 240L bin. Why is new customer rubbish cheaper than old customer rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Same here. Bin left out for no apparent reason.

I've been checking my bank and their website, which is diabolical, and somehow they have managed to not collect my money. I have them on direct debit. Meanwhile, my account on their site shows that payments are up to date....

They are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

oh dose. that's ludicrous if you're on direct debit already.

I'm still seeing the same bug on their website that I'd mentioned above.

Advertisement