Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Kane probably isn't too happy with that news! I would love to see Messi in England really would even at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭McBain11

I'd genuinely be surprised if Messi isn't at City in a weeks time. Makes perfect sense. They'll give him a 2/3 year contract on similar money to his Barcelona wages, then he'll move onto their sister club in the MLS as part of the deal for another 2/3 years.

Kane absolutely raging now I'd say and probably doing his finest Peter Odemwingie impression over at the Etihad.

If Messi lands at City, be very interesting to see his FPL price and also who City actually move on player wise, players like Jesus would be very interesting at other PL clubs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I reckon he could still end up staying in Barc, there are always ways around money issues - for example he could sign for a MSL team and be "loaned" back to Barc, that way he's not officially their player.

What about the likes of Aguero - how much are his wages and were they able to register him?

Would love to see Kane stuck at Spurs though - too many players demanding big wages and expect the club to always play ball when the want to leave. For all of Kane's money you think when he got the 6 year deal that they would have insisted on a release fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a play from Barca you would think the CVC money would help with their short term financial issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Grealish at 8 mill is tempting but not If Messi arrives lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Will Danny Rose be a starter for Watford? Always liked owning him when he was a regular starter for Spurs, if he's a regular for Watford could be a decent punt at 4.5m and decent early fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yep considering Rose myself as a Fofana replacement. Fofana was my Lamptey replacement FS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Looks like Kane staying at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Be interesting to see how Man United line up tomorrow against Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If Man City come in with a strong bid, Levy will have to negotiate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Kane is a definite for me. If he stays, he will be even more determined than normal. If he goes to City, he could score 40 in the league alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Managed to get TAA, Salah, Fernandes, Kane in the same team with Grealish in there too.

Very happy with it. Not going to tinker again bar injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Between his sometimes slow starts and the fact he'll be behind in training and having played a lot of football in the summer, I think I'm happy to pass on Kane to start. Think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He is definitely the type to get his head down if he does end up staying. But the PL scoring record is 32 in a season by Salah, not a hope Kane would get even 30 because of the CL and Pep roulette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

In the feedback thread they mentioned they'll be deleting PMs older than 30 days, in case you guys had payment details or contact details you needed to backup for running leagues

Shaw , Maguire & Martial all start for united today. Lingard out after testing positive for covid. Rest of team should be out shortly.

#mufc XI vs Everton: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Van de Beek; Greenwood, Fernandes, James; Martial.

I think this could be pretty close to how they lineup next week. Maybe Pogba for Vdb.

Sancho and Varane probably on bench next week

4.0 defender Hoever started for Wolves today. Any Wolves fans know if he could make a start in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Obviously to get all the big boys in sacrifices need to be made. That means 4.5 Bissouma in midfield and 4.5 Obafemi in attack. I had Townsend in a draft before I even tried to get them all in so I'm very happy with him and think he will be an early differential.

I'm settled with having Kane, Salah, TAA, Fernandes and Grealish now so there isn't a whole lot of tinkering I can even do. Veltman for Webster is a consideration, as is the Brighton keeper being brought in, but other than that I'm fairly set.

It was Aston Villa signing Ings that caused me to tinker ending up with my original team which led to this. Watkins was in my team but he was a winger for a lot of his career and under Dean Smith at Brentford previously so I wouldn't be surprised to see him shunted wide to accomodate Ings.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just having a look through it today for the first time.

Obviously everyone has their own favourites, won’t run through the big boys, but some noteables for me….

• Ameraty a nice 4m defender to start, Evans and Fofana out so should get a few weeks out of him (and probably a rose or two). He’ll drop like a stone once he loses his spot tho.
    • Brownhill is my favourite 4.5 mid - very attack minded at the end of last season. Gibbs White probably my second choice.
    • Smith Rowe looks a banker starter number 10 for Arsenal. If they hit form he’ll be a great budget option.
    • Hard to know what to make of City, Torres up front would be great but that’s obviously a B team today.
    • I was hoping Cavani started today, I’d love him at 8.5 up front 3 weeks out of 4.

Currently looking at something like

Martinez

TAA Shaw Stones Digne (Ait Nouri)

Salah Son Mahrez Smith-Rowe (Brownhill)

Ings DCL (Obafemi)

Not mad on the forwards yet, going off fixtures really. If Kane goes to City I’d be happy to downgrade Mahrez to get him in up front

Toney not in the squad today

👀

Edit: looks like he'll play gw1:

https://twitter.com/jaydmharris/status/1424085113382612992?s=21

Post edited by nullObjects on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There is still one spot left in this and the draft night is on Tuesday. Genuinely one of the best leagues on here and the related thread on here is usually quite active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I second that - draft night itself is really enjoyable and gives you a bunch of different players to look out for over the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭munster87

First time back here on fpl boards. Things have changed :(

I’m stuck on Havertz and Toney or Barnes and DCL, any advice there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DCL seems to have a minor injury. Everton are a wait and see for me now. They were shocking against United yesterday. I like Barnes, have him in myself now. Might be a bit of worry for minutes though with Leicester being stacked with forward options now but Rodgers seems to love him. If Lukaku signs, he will likely be the number one Chelsea asset to own but maybe when their difficult opening run ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I don't see an injuries thread yet but according to the LFC thread on here Robbo went off with a reasonably serious injury a few mins ago

Advertisement