Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Anyone that used fantasy football hub should look into changing their passwords if it's used elsewhere. They posed this message up on social media channels early this morning. The tweet has since been deleted but I can't access their website now. Absolutely scummy behaviour selling users data and then the stupidity of having the passwords available with no protection is mind boggling. Have a feeling they are in for a lot of trouble down the line with offering no refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You should really post their posts that came after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Tell us more …

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jaysus, I won’t act like I know everything that has gone on there. But if there is a time to get hacked like that it’s not this week.

What they say could absolutely be true, but they’ll still lose money now on the back of diminished confidence in their security.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭Xander10

Excuse my ignorance, but is the fantasy football hub, a separate platform to the fantasy football site where we enter teams etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I see Watford have sacked their manager - bit harsh I thought given how they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea I think it’s a site where you pay and they provide loads of articles and potential transfer ideas. Obv more for the elite players. I don’t even use Twitter 🤪

I wouldn’t say it’s for the elite players. More for people who want their team fed to them by the elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well now I hope they go down. it's not like they were rooted to the foot of the table. They are in 14th position. That's not terrible at all for a new team in a new league. They just beat Norwich 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Watford are notorious for sacking their managers. Ridiculous decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I thought he looked woefully out of his depth in any interview I’d seen. It was my factor in not getting Sarr - till now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I use it for opta stats I don't read their articles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just realised if I had captained Salah for the past 2 weeks I would have an extra 16 points and I would be top of my mini league. That is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd say they're finished now after this data leak, right? Especially after being adamant that very morning that there was no data leak. Who is trusting them with their personal data now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It will be very difficult to come back from that given how easy it was for the hacker to get all the usernames and passwords. Sounds like they brute forced admin access and then just downloaded the data so it was a single point of failure which is amateur stuff.

I’m no IT expert but from a layman’s point of view it would fill you with no confidence.

The usual ‘we’re your friend’ stuff will go around that those who do FPL stuff for profit usually go with, but it’d be a huge no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is this 'Fantasy Football Hub' a different site to the ordinary one directly linked to FPL where you can pay a yearly subscription to get more indepth articles.....FPL Scout?

They're competitors, and I don't think either are directly linked to FPL itself, are they?

• Advertisement

No link to FPL. I think they're screwed like you said as most of their user base are those vocal twitter FPL accounts who will all probably abandon ship and slate them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks….I’m not a member of the Hub one thankfully…..for some reason thought Fantasy Scout was linked to FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Thought I'd update since I'm on a wildcard and on the hunt for a fodder+ midfielder. Players less than 5m

Im personally looking for someone no more than 4.6m. Luiz has become more obvious without even looking at stats. I wouldn't fancy even the cheapest Norwich fodder. I might want other Spurs and Brighton players in the future. But Moder could be very interesting with gametime. Sissoko's time and role is up in the air after the sacking. Not sure McArthur justifies the extra 0.1m.

So I'm personally between Luiz, Brownhill and Longstaff. Luiz has been great so far. I've one of those annoying soft spots for Brownhill but he has Jack Cork pushing him. Longstaff just doesn't feel right and the other two get involved in free kicks.

Reading all the stuff this morning and today is a day you should be making a list of which content creators you can and can’t trust. The guy has made a video of him crying and they’re all out like ‘look at the human behind all of this’.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The video is pathetic, making himself out to be the victim and looking for sympathy. They came out last week to say that peoples passwords weren't stored on site which has been proven to be a lie, dump of 70k email addresses and passwords today.

Its obviously a personal attack given the messages from the hackers but this post will land them in a lot of trouble I'd imagine, sounds like they have ran roughshod over GDPR laws

Yeah, people having read that and reacting by leaping to these peoples defence (rather than seeking information on what is and isn’t true, because not all of that might be) are people you need to have on a serious bad egg red flag list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It’s the way of FPL Twitter, they don’t like someone they eat them alive. They do like them and they can do what they want. It’s a f**king cesspit

I think in this case it’s not actually FPL Twitter rather than the people who make a living out of FPL content. I think a lot of the ordinary folk are as enraged about all this as you’d expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FPL Twitter is awful, they all pretend to be best mates but all realise that if they can take out a competitor, that's more money for the rest of them.

It's funny, for something that's free, and just a game, people are absolutely obsessed with it. I'd say there's people would care more about their FPL team taking a -200 hit than their personal medical history being thrown over the internet. I saw one lad who was over the moon that his previous season history could be saved. Who gives a ****

• Advertisement

That's literally a cry for help but his tears can't hide those facts above none of which he actually addressed. He obviously has no clue about IT security but ignorance wont cut it, he should have hired someone technical to take care of that instead of dozens of lads doing team reveals every week. They're finished now after that list was published.

Advertisement