Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Full list of reclassified positions 2021/22

Player Club Old Position New Position
    Aubameyang ARS MID> FWD
    Dallas LEE DEF> MID
    Kouyate CRY MID> DEF
    Maitland-Niles ARS DEF> MID
    Ritchie NEW MID> DEF
    Saint-MaximinNEW MID> FWD

Ritchie back to defender is great news

I see David Munday has left as editor of FFS, thank f**k. If only he could take that annoyed c**t Joe with him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Green&Red wrote: »
    I see David Munday has left as editor of FFS, thank f**k. If only he could take that annoyed c**t Joe with him

Jeez bit harsh! The scoutcast certainly isn't what it once was though.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Full list of reclassified positions 2021/22

Player Club Old Position New Position
    Aubameyang ARS MID> FWD
    Dallas LEE DEF> MID
    Kouyate CRY MID> DEF
    Maitland-Niles ARS DEF> MID
    Ritchie NEW MID> DEF
    Saint-MaximinNEW MID> FWD

Thanks

jimmii wrote: »
    Jeez bit harsh! The scoutcast certainly isn't what it once was though.

Not nearly harsh enough, Joe is exceptionally obnoxious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I also don’t enjoy his media output.

Sounds like he has really hurt you! I would agree he's not as likeable as the two boyos it used to be a fun listen the Christmas presents always stuck in my mind!

CSF wrote: »
    I also don’t enjoy his media output.

It's certainly a patch on the original version. I can't say I've really read a lot of his articles but the ones I do recall have been OK and his goals imminent table is always interesting to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did my first draft earlier. Havent even looked at any teams fixtures yet so a few there are placeholders. Moreso did it just to get a team registered

Martinez Sanchez
    Dunk Digne TAA Creswell Stones
    Dallas Raphinha Mbeumo Grealish Buendia
    DCL Rodrigo Toney

which leaves 8m in the bank.

Bamford is gone up to 8m, Im kind of hopng now that Rodrigo (6.5m) has had his settling in season he might kick on and offer better value in the Leeds attack

It's certainly a patch on the original version. I can't say I've really read a lot of his articles but the ones I do recall have been OK and his goals imminent table is always interesting to keep an eye on.

I’m referring primarily to the podcast. There was a season review one recently, and him and the other guy began by saying that the one rule they learnt this year was not to set rules for themselves and be flexible. He then spent the rest of the podcast talking about how not following his rules cost him!!!

He has an incredibly consistent FPL record so there’s no knocking his ability to play the game, but he is not an enjoyable or informative listen, and it’s come at a bad time for FF Scout considering the amount of really strong alternatives that have come out recently (Blackbox and Wire would be the picks of the newbies for me)

• Advertisement

FF Hub is really challenging them on the website front

I found the wire too laddy, like grow up lads, the Wood joke is old and wasn’t funny the first time
    Black box is excellent

Edit: Joe has long been a walking contradiction. Loved having points on his bench cause it showed he had the right players. Following season has a weak bench, now it’s great having your money on the pitch, why would you have a bench. Annoying nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

He has an incredibly consistent FPL record so there’s no knocking his ability to play the game, but he is not an enjoyable or informative listen, and it’s come at a bad time for FF Scout considering the amount of really strong alternatives that have come out recently (Blackbox and Wire would be the picks of the newbies for me)

It's ironic how the man behind Blackbox is the man who started the Scoutcast and is now one of the main reasons it is faltering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hardly anyone will have saint max now that he’s a forward

I’m referring primarily to the podcast. There was a season review one recently, and him and the other guy began by saying that the one rule they learnt this year was not to set rules for themselves and be flexible. He then spent the rest of the podcast talking about how not following his rules cost him!!!

Yeah a good fpl player does not often make for a good podcaster!

It's ironic how the man behind Blackbox is the man who started the Scoutcast and is now one of the main reasons it is faltering.

Hadn't realised that was Mark before will definitely be giving that a try so! Telling that the description on it says they'll be learning from their mistakes! Guess the main one would be don't hand over your podcast to someone else!

Yeah a good fpl player does not often make for a good podcaster!

Yeah, I find it doesn’t often work the other way around though. While I’m open to hearing the thoughts of everyone (it’s this place’s biggest selling point), if I’m gonna dedicate 60-90 minutes to listening to someone’s thoughts, it’s gonna be someone who I think is very good at the game (particularly given the absolute plethora of options out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

What I find a little frustrating about the Pod 'scene' is that some of the best contributors are partnered by some not-so-great sidekicks.
    IMO the best thinkers on the game are Zophar off the wire, Mark Sutherns and Tom Freeman. Jay Eggersdorff was always on the money too when he was about.

You really have to be considerate of who you listen to though, because some of the highest-profile characters are pure nonsense.

Markx wrote: »
    What I find a little frustrating about the Pod 'scene' is that some of the best contributors are partnered by some not-so-great sidekicks.
    IMO the best thinkers on the game are Zophar off the wire, Mark Sutherns and Tom Freeman. Jay Eggersdorff was always on the money too when he was about.
    y
    You really have to be considerate of who you listen to though, because some of the highest-profile characters are pure nonsense.
    I like Lateriser and Bakar aswell. I get the point that was referenced in some earlier posts about the sex humour, but personally it doesn't really bother me too much.

Agree with your 2nd point in a big way. The loudest voices on social media (and often the ones who have made the most efforts to monetise the game) are very often more style than substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't listen to any FPL podcasts. Are they purely FPL dedicated people or football fans who play FPL?

Fitz* wrote: »
    I don't listen to any FPL podcasts. Are they purely FPL dedicated people or football fans who play FPL?

Mixture. Black box and FFS are full time FPL people. Think the wire lads have jobs. I listen to FML FPL and FPL Renegades, both have jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

They have a bit of a rebuild ahead of them don't they?
    Think I seem to remember a lot of the squad will be out of contract soon, hopefully they sign a few "interesting" prospects from fpl point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Zaha at 7.0M could get appealing

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Zaha at 7.0M could get appealing

What makes you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They have a bit of a rebuild ahead of them don't they?
    Think I seem to remember a lot of the squad will be out of contract soon, hopefully they sign a few "interesting" prospects from fpl point of view

Chelsea youngsters and Arsenal hand me downs you mean. Maitland-Niles heavily linked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I'm back! After saying I wouldn't do euro fantasy, I got sucked in and ran my sister's team for a work league. Finished 11000 overall so I'm in good form. I didn't really pay too much attention to it though, just enjoyed the football.

Looking forward to 21/22 here for FF though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

aForgot this section was under computer games and took me longer than I'd care to admit to find after the update

If you google fantasy sports arena and click the result it drops you on the boards homepage as well

Hopefully this shows on the new posts section or whatever and helps anyone else that got lost 😅

Yeah took me a little while to figure it out too lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Started half looking at preliminary drafts yesterday....seems to be more or less the same shower as last year :-)

Some random observations:

Watford have about 20 strikers.

Toney will be in a lot of drafts.

Chelsea and City seem like rotation nightmares.

Gilmour will probably be everyone's Two Point Tom this season.

Forwards are underwhelming again...Firmino, Werner, Cavani all overpriced, Ings needs a move imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Work in progress Draft

Martinez/McCarthy

Konsa Digne Shaw Vestagaard Aaron's

Grealish Maddison Son Salah Soucek

Toney Bamford A.N another (6mill)

Taughts

Advertisement