Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

If Tammy Abraham gets a move from Chelsea he'd be a good shout at 6.5m.

Have Digne in draft currently who I think is good value at 5.5m. Just unsure how attacking he'll get to be under Benitez.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First draft, but I think I have gone a bit top heavy with defenders:

Sanchez/Fabianski

Godfrey/Tierney/Shaw/Rudiger/Fofana

Foden/Salah/Raphinha/Dallas/Sarr

Kane/Watkins/Toney

Thinking of bringing in Greenwood for Foden as he is probably nailed on to start with Rashford injured, and downgrading a defender to improve my strike-force. Contemplating Gilmour for Sarr either as it will open up more funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Since we're doing drafts.

Sanchez - Guaita

Digne - Lowton - Robbo - Fofana - Dias

Ward Prowse - Salah - Havertz - Grealish - Raphina

Iheanacho - Toney - Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As a WH fan and a FF player, hoping he gets a move to West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ScummyMan can you check your PMs please re the code for FSA League One. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Even though there is a (very)slim chance on me going back to championship, I'll take the hit if needed to set up Lge 1.

We'll give ScummyMan some time to catch up.

Your call Scorpion.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thanks for the offer but you’re 4th in line to get offered an attrition place so I think I’ll wait for ScummyMan to see this message first.

ETA: The league has already been created and the code given to me by ScummyMan but it was sent during the migration period and now that PM has been lost so I’m asking him to message me the code again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Don't like the striker prices and feel their might be good value in attacking defenders.

Digne is attacking and benitez teams are solid at the back.

Regulion should play wingback and Nuno will have them solid.

Shaw is in great form the last few months going forward.

Reece James again good going forward and Chelses don't concede many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Have to agree, not too impressed with the strikers. As an example, I'm a big Antonio fan but 7.5m for a non penalty taking striker for a mid table team? Seems too much for me. Same for Watkins. 6.5m or 7m at a push would be enough for both. Woods has been 6.5m for the last few years, last year wasn't even his best season and he's 7m all of a sudden. Toney is the only striker that looks a bit of value.

I'd be wary of the England regulars like Shaw, Kane etc. starting the first round of matches but we should have a better idea closer to kick off but an expensive defense is something I'm looking at too.

At what point do we have to consider a different ‘meet point’ in case boards goes down ?

I can’t imagine there’s been much traffic since the ‘upgrade’ so who’s to know what happens next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thats a good point. Maybe a Facebook page for the forum? I'd imagine the traffic is in the bin right now. Be interesting to see how well the leagues get filled by the deadline.

Not sure what’s best.

l’d hate to have to join Facebook though so hopefully there are other or better options.

Yeah its not ideal maybe discord but don't know about others but not a fan of the discord UI but would be handy to have just in case anything does happen. Could set up a back up site but leaving boards killed the poker forum.

Think an emergency option is wise but hopefully not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭McBain11

Slightly off topic lads, but is the soccer forum gone or access restricted now? I never requested access, just read threads the odd time. very handy for fpl transfer news threads and pre season lineups etc.

Nope. Says group not found.

Is that page opening for you? Must be only open to lads with soccer forum access these days so!

Thanks Klopp, solves that riddle.

Hopefully the whole site settles down some bit next few weeks with a few tweaks.

Yeah it takes me there.

you’re not missing anything though as reckon there’s not been 50 posts, in total, in that ‘forum’ since it came back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Works for me, but I had access to it prior to the move.

Log out and try again, you may be able to view it when logged out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried logging out, still the same error. Must have the soccer access request just to read it also now I guess. That will probably hurt a good bit of the traffic on the site I'd say!

Thanks anyway lads, sure I'll get the soccer access sorted at some stage to keep up to date on the comings and goings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Leaving out Kane is not easy but i am going to try.

Sanchez/Mccarthy

Digne/Reguilon/Shaw/James/Fofana

Salah/Grealish/Greenwood/Mount/Foden

Calvert Lewin/Bamford/King

Yeah it better to have something just in case rather than wake up and find it's gone! Although seems a lot of people might think it has already given how quiet it is!

If people think a back up is needed maybe stick it to a vote from the obvious options see what easiest for the group as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just tried to find the soccer forum there myself and found it under groups that I clicked on where it is printed in the top left corner next to the boards.ie logo and discussions and categories. There were a few comments turned up about others finding it difficult to find since it was moved there. Not liking the change in layout at all.

I'm 50/50 on going Kane-less to start with. Have him in my line up currently but any time I think about it I think about the side without him. Seems we have fewer and fewer options up front every season! Used to be anytime when you couldn't get all the premium forwards if you wanted seems a long time ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Has anyone managed to pick a decent enough team with Kane Salah Fernandes and Trent. I think I've managed it but my subs are absolute fodder. What you think guys?

Sanchez

Trent

Lamptey

Fofana

Salah

Fernandes

Raphinha

Harrison

Buendia

Kane

Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hard to know about Kane to be honest,

If he goes to United for instance is he going to be on penalties - probably not

If he goes to Chelsea is he going to be on them?

Will he be on them at city - and if he misses one, will he be rotated off them like others have?

Is he as an attractive at his price tag if he's not on pens?

If Levy doesn't sell him and he's back at spurs - how will that affect him?

I had play round a while back and ended up with this which I quite like

Henderson (Foster)

TAA, Stones, White, Coady, Dier

Salah, Bruno, Son, Dallas, Gilmour

Welbeck, Woods, Nacho

There are no fodders as such in the team, and looks balanced - few things my change closer to the season of course, Henderson being the most obv given he might not be number 1 at United.

Don't like the new layout of this site, can't see different between a read thread and a non read thread, and other features look off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I was so stubborn last year it ended the game for me before gw 5

I had double Chelsea attack and no Spurs.

Gonna just go with proven assets this year and try to get off to a low variance start. Looking at doubling up with Mo and Mane for the first few

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Think I read somewhere that Chris Wood is off to the Olympics (??)

• Advertisement

Could this be the emergency meet point ?

https://****/ There was an error displaying this embed.

Advertisement