Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty using AIB App

• 16-06-2021 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Just off the phone with AIB as I have a "known issue" on iPhone 12 with their app the last month I haven't been able to move money (past the debit card daily limit) or even get statement. I'm outside IE so can't go to a branch.

I can't access any of my money indefinitely because their devs haven't prioritised this. No sign of even a fix date on the horizon after 4 weeks.

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like this is why legacy banks are dying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

stainluss wrote: »
    Just off the phone with AIB as I have a "known issue" on iPhone 12 with their app the last month I haven't been able to move money (past the debit card daily limit) or even get statement. I'm outside IE so can't go to a branch.

I can't access any of my money indefinitely because their devs haven't prioritised this. No sign of even a fix date on the horizon after 4 weeks.

Can you not use a computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My wife has an iPhone 12 and hasn't had any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

stainluss wrote: »

There was someone who had an issue with N26. They froze his account for 5 weeks. So all types of banks can have issues

Then of course, where do you go to for loan or to make a physical lodgement.

Legacy banks will always be there, but there's room for all. Just depends on what suits you.

But for your own issue, can't you access a pc and do it online, or does that need something that is not accessible at the moment? (such as a card reader)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Can you not use a computer?

Or even just the browser on the phone instead of using the app

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭JPup

Since AIB updated their security protocols recently, I can't access my account information online without my phone. It's quite annoying. So there may not be an easy alternative here.

My 70 something parents also can't pay for stuff online as things stand as they never set up an online account with AIB and that is now required, again for security purposes. There may be a work around on that where they text your phone for confirmation. Have to look into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Check your account T&Cs, if it's in black and white that AIB have to provide you with access to withdraw your funds by the means specified then you need to submit a complaint to AIB. If you get nowhere with them, which is a strong possibility in the short term as they are allowed 40 working days to respond to your complaint, then you can escalate after 40 working days by submitting a complaint to the Financial Services & Pensions Ombudsman which may press AIB, all details are on the FSPO website

Irish retail banks are riddled with an array of IT bugs on their systems and are cutting corners by not spending money on the required fixes or sorting them with urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

silver2020 wrote: »
    Then of course, where do you go to for loan or to make a physical lodgement.

OP does not have access to branches, and there's no need to go to a branch to get a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

JPup wrote: »
    Since AIB updated their security protocols recently, I can't access my account information online without my phone. It's quite annoying. So there may not be an easy alternative here.

My 70 something parents also can't pay for stuff online as things stand as they never set up an online account with AIB and that is now required, again for security purposes.

That is not an AIB issue, this is the new two factor authentication and PSD directive and protects you from fraud and applies to all banks and all websites.

From July1st it will be essential on all transactions over €50. Currently its €150 limit with random checks under this (random checks are becoming more frequent as the July 1st date comes up)

It shouldn't need online banking, but does need a mobile number to be attached to the account so that a text can be sent with the confirmation code.

The other option is a PayPal account but not every place takes Paypal.

Advertisement