Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Murders in the Building - Hulu - Steve Martin & Martin Short

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I mean.... it is literally selective amnesia, they explained that. Her mind blocks traumatic things out so she doesn't have to deal with them, and it stems from her father's death when she was too young to know how to deal with it. She went to Coney Island because Theo got the work badge off the guy who she fought with on the train. They literally went to his place of work to try and ID him. It really wasn't that big a coincidence. As for the police not arresting her, I'd assume the fact that they have no idea who she stabbed might have something to do with that. Also the episode spanned a few hours, maybe Michael Rappaport is waiting for her back at her apartment to arrest her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’m going to lie I sang along!

Is it just Rappaort then, or do we think sneezy is in on it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

red glitter herring

wasn't red glitter man somebody who Steve MArtin somehow randomly was texting with, can't remember how that started...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Unless they had a different stunt double for the person on the train I dont think the height matches (person on train was not that tall) so I suspect another red herring. Think the sneezy guy must be in on it as at this stage, it appears there may be more than one involved in killing.

• Advertisement

Someone text Charles the night of Bunny's murder to get out of the building now. The trio assumed it was the woman police officer who helped them last season, but then they found out that she was on maternity leave in Denver, so clearly it wasn't her if they were arranging to meet at a park in New York that evening.

The killing must be related to the renovation. That would increase the value of the apartments and It has been mentioned so many times and Bunny was going to be blocking it if she remained in power. So perhaps one resident/owner in cahoots with an outside player like the detective.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i think cara delevingnes character has a lot more to play in this season. on what side im not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I still think that Bunny's friend is responsible in some way and shouty mcshouterson is just one of many hired hands.

Post edited by S.M.B. on

Is the sneezy guy that was on the date with the cat man (I genuinely can't remember anyone's name on this bar the main 3) new in the building? I definitely feel like there's more than one person involved. I don't think they'd do Charles dirty two seasons in a row but I'm not 100% convinced Lucy isn't involved in it somehow too.

• Advertisement

Yes . I dont know the name of any of the new characters this year. Alll been very forgetful though still enjoy the show

Well Sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Me after this episode

I mistakingly thought this week was the last ep so I'm pleasantly surprised there's more.

And yeah, wow, jaw dropped at the end. Very clever to make it about more than just Bunny's murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well fcuk that was a left turn, gonna get the dips and wine in for next week......

Quite an unexpected twist. I wonder if the cop is actually guilty of anything but it still seems two are involved. The new suspect totally came out of nowhere.

Thinking back though, it was kind of weird when Mabel, Oliver and Charles went into Bunny's apartment and the cop, and the two women were already there. He said he called them all there to tell them to stop making podcasts, but in hindsight.... it was odd he had them in Bunny's apartment.

That was nicely done to get the real reveal.

A nice set up for season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah but,

It was in the theatre, not the building so it doesn't count 😋

I do want a third season even if tthis season hasnt been great, the series is not revolutionary just good fun with good comedic actors. I do worry looking up the ages of both Martin and Short

• Advertisement

You do know you do not have to watch the third season you can just watch something else there is no law forcing you to watch things you do not want to.

I do enjoy the show just thought the second season wasnt great, but was still good.

Really enjoyed that ending. Very clever and great use of all the supporting characters.

I don't particularly like Paul Rudd so I'm 50/50 on the set up for S3. I assume it will start at some point before the scene we saw, but maybe not and he won't be in it much.

I presume like in this season and the first there will a flashback episode feating Rudd.

so the assistant conned Tina Fey too?

and her whole town by dying her hair?

I think the dye job was just because the Tina Fey characters supposedly only hired women that looked like her.

Did Charles and Oliver contribute anything to the actual investigation this season? I feel like Mabel did most of it herself?

was she still in the town she grew up in, in the bar etc...

was the assistant so mousey and anonymous that she could pretend to be dead while still walking around her town?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished the first season conveniently around the time that the second season started, so I went straight into that as well. It's a nice enough show. I like the scenes with Martin and Short the best. I preferred season 1 out of the two, as I found that one to have more laughs. What happened to the actor that played Oscar? Did he fall out with somebody?

• Advertisement

I really hope Delevingne is not brought back for season 3

Advertisement