Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ITV and Soarview

• 16-06-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

All my ITV channels disappeared from my tv about a month ago. I’d really like them back for the Euros.

Anyone know how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

All my ITV channels disappeared from my tv about a month ago. I’d really like them back for the Euros.

Anyone knows how to do this.

I am assuming your using Freeview.ITV in the last two three months ITV 1 has been closing regions and merging ITV regions together. Cost-cutting Replacing some standard-definition versions with high definition versions. If this the case you need to do a rescan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Yeah I’m on freeview.

I just did a rescan and ITV 1 still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭dubrov

As above, there are loads of versions of ITV1 and some were decommissioned.

After the rescan, just try each of the ITV channels found until you find one that is working

dubrov wrote: »
    As above, there are loads of versions of ITV1 and shine were decommissioned.

After the rescan, just try each of the ITV channels found until you find one that is working

ITV 2 plus 1 and ITV 3 plus 1 working.

Only one i want is ITV1 or UTV1

ITV 2 plus 1 and ITV 3 plus 1 working.

Only one i want is ITV1 or UTV1

Just kept scanning and now have it.

Thanks to the two of yee for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 doughnut2000

Freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭decor58

lgs 4 wrote: »
    I am assuming your using Freeview.ITV in the last two three months ITV 1 has been closing regions and merging ITV regions together. Cost-cutting Replacing some standard-definition versions with high definition versions. If this the case you need to do a rescan

Itv 1 hd is on 10891 h 22000

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

decor58 wrote: »
    Itv 1 hd is on 10891 h 22000

Not according to what I see here ........ is this new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

10891 is SD stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭decor58

10891 is SD stuff

Yeah, sorry, just back from Specsavers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Glad I found this thread
    I had resigned myself to the idea that ITV was gone and only had the +1
    On your suggestions I checked through all the ITV versions found after a scan and sure enough I found a working one hidden beyond the religious and shopping channels.
    Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Yous are all in completely the wrong forum but luckily we know what you mean

ITV and UTV are available FTA in HD via satellite and you can find the frequencies (which changes on a regular basis) on lyngsat or kingofsat.net among other places.

10758 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6
    ITV2 SD
    ITV4 SD
    ITV1 Central West SD

10891 H DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6
    ITV 1 Wales SD
    ITV 1 London SD
    ITV 1 Granada SD
    ITV Border Scotland SD
    ITV 4 SD
    ITV 1 Central West +1 SD
    ITV 1 London +1 SD
    ITV 3 SD
    ITV 1 Meridian East SD
    ITV 2 +1 SD
    UTV SD

10906 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6
    ITV 4 +1 SD
    ITV 1 Central West SD
    ITV 1 +1 SD
    ITV Be SD
    ITV 2 SD
    ITV 1 Granada +1 SD
    ITV Channel TV SD
    ITV 3 +1 SD
    STV North SD
    STV Central West SD
    STV Central East SD

11053 H DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4
    ITV 1 West Country West HD
    ITV 1 Tyne Tees HD
    ITV Wales HD
    ITV 1 West Country East HD
    ITV 1 Granada HD

11068 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4
    ITV HD
    ITV HD
    ITV HD
    STV HD
    UTV HD

11097 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4
    ITV 1 Meridian North HD
    ITV HD
    ITV 1 Anglia West HD
    ITV 1 Central East HD
    ITV 1 Meridian South HD

12168 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3
    ITV HD

12226.50 H DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3
    ITV 1 Meridian East HD

12363 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3
    ITV 1 Meridian East HD

Info from KingofSat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Im not clear what platform the OP is using. Obviously ITV isn’t on Saorview, but it isn’t clear whether the OP is using Freeview as he indicated in post #3, as virtually every subsequent poster seems to have assumed Freesat.

Maybe the OP might clarify again whether he receives ITV from an aerial or a satellite dish, and I can rename and if necessary move the thread accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just a very odd thing I've picked up on retuning my Saorview tonight. I only use an aerial in a Saorview approved TV , I've free sat via an old sky box, completely separate.

I've always had problems with RTE 1 AND VIRGIN MEDIA 3, some have said its my aerial, I believe its tree foliage in summer months but I'm not an expert, all other channels perfect apart from RTE +1. Basically no RTE 1 throughout summer months . I rarely watch virgin media so no loss.

So tonight I did my re tune and bizzarely (I've never seen these channels before on Saorview) up pops a few UK channels and a free view info channel. They are now on my list but none have any reception.

Just curious how this has happened, again, I emphasise, I'm just using an aerial outside, coaxial into back of TV. My sky box completely separate, has all the free UK channels and is connected to TV via scart.

Thanks 😊

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭lertsnim

During the summer on multiple occasions I was getting Freeview signals from Wales and the Westcountry and often it wiped out my Saorview reception. It was just ideal lift conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

In certain atmospheric conditions TV signals can travel longer distances. Your TV aerial is picking up one of these signals, not good enough for video and audio data but enough for the TV to lock onto the carrier and store some of the other data.

Can you see what frequency/UHF channel no. it's on, might be able to identify where it's coming from? What Saorview transmitter are you receiving from.

I've genuinely never seen this before, I'm in the Midlands so would be surprised I was picking up a signal from Wales , my normal irish channels not impacted , albeit RTE 1 and VM 3 still blank

Hi there, I'm in the Midlands, Laois, I'm really clueless about saorview, it was just something I'd never seen before, these UK free view channels. None are accessible as you rightly point out, I'll atrach a pic, sorry its not great.

I'm actually hoping to upgrade from my old sky box as loosing HD channels gradually, torn between a free view box or Free sat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭lertsnim

As UTV is there it's coming from Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement

@Dempo1

The top entry is the clue. You are getting a burst UTV from NI due to weather effects.

You mention looking for a new box. Be aware that "Freeview" is the Uk equivalent of Saorview using a normal aerial and as you have seen is not reliable enough at your location. You would need to be near the border or east coast.

FreeSat is branded software that runs on specific satellite boxes which offers a 7 day EPG and auto tuning. However not all free channels are on FreeSat boxes.

I assume you mean Free-To-Air (FTA) satellite. I know it sounds like splitting hairs but the correct terminology could save you getting the wrong box. You could also consider a combo box that merges Saorview (irish) channels and the free satellite channels into one list so no need to keep switching the TV from one to the other.

Have a look here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057971250/zgemma-h7s-guide/p1

or https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057925678/cost-effective-high-functionality-user-friendly-replacement-for-pay-tv/p1

for examples

Thanks Gerry, yes your previous advice very much appreciated 👍.

I just noticed the UTV channel, god it's years since I've seen that channel 😁

Yes good point re reliable signal, I have a new Sky Mini Dish so I'm guessing it's going to be Free sat , I understand not all channels will be available but that fine. I'll probably just stick with the Saorview via Aerial, I'm not a regular viewer of RTE , virgin etc . I'm just amazed my Grundig Sky Box still working, it must be nearly 18 years old, I'm still getting CNN by the way 😁

Thanks again

Silly me, I just noticed UTV, years since I saw or watched that channel , thanks 😏

Just have a Soarview TV and an aerial. ITV works fine on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Three months later and I’m going to assume the question is academic now. Nonetheless let it be a warning that if the OP asks a particular question, posters should not assume that they are asking a different question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement