Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2021

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The other islanders choose so no chance they will get rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Yawn.. getting the islanders to vote.. don’t even need to hype it up, so obvious who’s going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Getting the islanders to vote is becoming so predictable. Normally they just get rid of the newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Right we know who they will get rid of.. kaz and Jake safe...however glad they were even put up. Play with their heads. I would have liked to see Matt and Abi get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Judging by those votes it'll be between Liam and Millie and Toby and Chloe for the win. C'mon Toby! Down to 2/1 now. Liam and Millie odds on favourites though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Love the manipulation from the Producers, as soon as you see "at risk of leaving" you know they didn't like the results so will protect whomever they want. It was nice though to see the shock register on Kaz and Jake's faces, though they are as safe as houses. New lad coming in too, so that lets them set Kaz up for a chase again.

Watch Jake go on a charm offensive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Every eviction is predictable at this stage, there is never a shock. tonight Mary and Dale are gone.

I like Dale, seems sound

I called it after the movie, the only couple left laughing will be Chloe and Tobi!

Imagine after the movie not going to your missus to ask is she alright or even lighten the mood, you should gravitate to each other as a couple. Jake just walks away with the lads.

Faye is a mad thing but was the only one to call Jake out being snakey, because of his comments on liberty the egging the lads on video he got away with.

None of the girls have a bite in them, can talk down the lads but wont tell Faye to shut up, you can see in Millie face she has no time for it.

Kaz winds me up every night, thinks she can wrap whoever she wants around her finger

The last week or two of the show is usually rubbish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

the show is rubbish we watch cos we us the hour to eat goodies it needs to change the format. Older contestants less emphasis on the bodies and maybe a few cerebral folk debating and trying to make a connection through brains and humour like most normal people. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Pity Kaz will be safe

Loved when Matt dumped her and she was shocked

Erra you wanted Tyler all along and left the door ajar

Then didn't even tell Matt about your conversation despite saying she valued honesty

Great to see Jake in the bottom 3 even if he's still safe with the remainder voting

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mary stay and Abi go

Faye would have definitely been in the bottom 3 if voting was finished on Friday instead of Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I see ex islanders including Amber are having a go at the public voting being ambushed by the producers allowing those that are safe make the decision to save their buddys. It is so wrong. Makes a mockery of the eejits picking up their phones to vote. Would love to know if Kaz was voted least fave and get rid. Same for Jake. Throw a massive cat among the pigeons for chrissakes!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Why are new bombshells coming in when there's only 2 weeks left. The tedious and predictable nature of this show is making it quite dull to watch at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the producers got all the boys to walk off together and either told Jake not to go to Liberty or else they cut it.

My God Chloe's sunglasses are filthy!

What’s the point sending in new people if only one person in the villa is single !

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Litchrilly is literally the most used word in the show, closely followed by genuinely.

I'm surprised they got rid of Abby tonight. Thought it would have been Mary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭unichick

Teddy should have more self respect than to go back to old fish lips. He’s way too good for her.

She must have told them she'd go after the new fella, gives them a bit of a chase to show (vs Chloe).

Would have been great to see Dale earlier too, seems a proper level headed guy, looked disgusted by Faye's hug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's a pity Chloe didn't string Toby along for a bit longer after the date

Laughing at the new fella saying Chloe was past her peak at 25 almost 26

Faye getting remorse

Millie still tiptoeing around her as to how much of a clown she was on Friday night

Of course Teddy will take her back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Most used word coming up in 3rd place : Really??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Can’t decide if the Nordie guy is really nice….or really boring….?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's looking like he'll be going home tonight when they recouple.

Talk about blatantly setting up an episode that will end up with Nordie or new guy having to sling their hook…

I’ve decided I like Nordie bloke(okay I’ll call him by his actual name Matt😁)….I think Priya’s made a mistake sending him home..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a sly vibe coming off Brett.

Looks like creative editing to generate interest in what Jake's done or said to upset Liberty, wouldn't surprise me if it's nothing much just manufactured drama.

What is this utter shite we're watching now? Think it's time to give up for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This weeks episodes have been a proper borefest tbh. That whole shagging graduation thing was cringe. The Priya love triangle with Matt and Brett is just dull and seems very forced by the producers since everybody else is coupled up and drama free.

Think its nearly time to take it off record until next year it's gone to shite.

All the couples are finalised now, and it doesn't really matter who wins or not.

Also you would think with it being the biggest reality show each year the winning money will be upped from 50k, ITV are making a bomb out of this more money means more people might be slyer to win, or at least certain rules make you lose money (too hot to handle/Big Brother)

they need to make up their mind, are they a game show (like the 2 mentioned above or a reality show like real world or Jersey shore) because nobody will do a legger with the 50k after being with someone for 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think itv and Co are between a rock and a hard place, I'm sure they hear all the complaints about this season being a bit boring, but with all the be kind stuff you see online and more focus on people's mental health I'm not sure how much they'd get away with stoking the fire too hard.

I think them allowing the islanders to decide the majority of the time who gets to stay is bullsh/t too and the public are pissed off with that too. Its like friends island half the time, jake and liberty "found" love, what harm is it if they're shipped out, no let's get rid of the people who barely have their foot in the door. That's just an example.

• Advertisement

LIberty suddenly becoming aware of Jake's fondness for doing things for the camera is peculiar in its timing.

Almost as if they've done the twitter challenge off camera.

What he did last night, holding her back on her own to make Kaz come over was seriously questionable, in general not just his game playing. I think they showed Faye turning around and asking them what they were doing.

That was weird, Jake wanted to make Liberty not to drop to their level, came across like he was the king, it was weird. yeah they showed Faye saying it to them, and id be 99% sure when they were in the changing room and liberty said it to Faye that Faye would have said "yeah I saw it and it was weird" or had some sort of answer, but Love Island edited it.

Also how can they talk about mental health and send the girls out dressed like that, other years they had decent out fits, this year was a embarrassing

Mary as a mermaid should have point blank refused. that was a joke, made a show of her

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Priya seemed to make up her mind about Matt fairly fast. Teddy knocked her back so she settled for Matt. Then that Brett fella arrives and she dropped Matt pretty quickly, 24 hours or less maybe?

I know…seemed a bit forced/scripted maybe??it was the only “story “ for the whole episode..

Jake the Shnake….even Faye is wise to his carry on and (rather impressively) bitching about him without moving her lips😳😁

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Its been a tough watch this since they got back from casa amore.

Think it be best if they cut the length of the series shorter in future or perhaps its due to the cast this year being very bland.

Ooooooh yes! This is the task I've been waiting for..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Whoever it was put money on Toby, respect!!

Great shout

Yeah, got on at 40s, just as it looked like he was gonna get back with Chloe. Seemed like value! 17/10 now. I can cash out now for €219, but I'll just let it ride.. Liam and Millie look like they're gonna win, but no gamble, no future!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Teddy is the real model material in there he is soulful and handsome, Toby is ordinary. Pity he chose Faye she lost it for them .

• Advertisement

Priya….kinda painful at this stage…why the hell did she ditch Nordie Matt for the borefest that is Brett??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There must be a shortage of applicants if Brett made it in

I actually liked Matt. Dont think he got the best air time but you could tell he was a nice guy who was having fun in the villa and the right girl would have brought him into the producers eye..

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

Love Island 2021 isn't as entertaining as its predessors, its giving me the ick.

I hate Faye, but love Teddy. My money is on them to win. I keep screaming at the TV, run teddy run!

Jake thought they had it in the bag and his head will be melted after tonight 😋

Pryia very sneaky there telling Faye they didn't vote for her and Teddy. Narrows down the targets for Faye!

Why do they bother putting new people in when they just get voted out straight away lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

100% orchestrated by producers to create Faye volcano tonight. #warpath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Or Priya as a medical student and almost a doctor, knows Faye struggles with confidence and her mental health is not great.

Saying what she did, might give Faye some confidence for a little while

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Completely agree with this 100%! It was totally out of character for Priya to sh1t stir like that - so was definitely orchestrated by the producers. I knew straight away once I saw it that the "tomorrow night" clips would be of Faye blowing up at anyone in her path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

Here we go, look what Faye has kicked off, Witch hunts and interrogations.

Advertisement