Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair 1st 737 Max en route

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

They're widebodies, surely the comparator to the Max is the 320Neo

Only issue I had flying on a 330 was that it was slightly noisier than a 340

I'm not aware of any undocumented, unknown to the pilots system on a 320, 330, 340 or 777 for that matter which could crash the aircraft based on a single faulty sensor input but perhaps you can enlighten us.

Well if you search hard enough you can find problems with most if not all aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

A330 is basically a clean sheet design which uses the slightly improved FBW vs the A320 but it does share the structural barrel dimensions of the A300. It is built and certified to standards of the day i.e. early 1990's, i.e no legacy issue. Ok it was never intended to be a long hauler but it came good. B777 is a clean sheet with nothing carried over, first Boeing with a FBW. Both are exceptional aircraft of the modern era, safe.

The 737 is basically a 1960's bit of kit, its got all kinds of wires and pulleys, here is what is scary, take the L1 door off a 737-100 and try to fit it to a MAX, so might be surprised. A child could open any primary A320 or later airbus door, and there is plenty of space to get out quickly, B737 door is a real throwback.

Boeing should have ditched the 737 back before the NG, it could have taken the fight to airbus but it didn't. A 737 v2 with 777 tech would have left Airbus in trouble, the NEO is a really small update really and Airbus can still outsell.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well if you search hard enough you can find problems with most if not all aircraft.

None of the other aircraft mentioned had to be grounded worldwide for nearly two years.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

None of the other aircraft mentioned had to be grounded worldwide for nearly two years.

And now its probably the safest of all the aircraft out there with the amount of checks and tests that it undertook.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭ExoPolitic

And now its probably the safest of all the aircraft out there with the amount of checks and tests that it undertook.

You trust people too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Has anyone seen the Max on the FR booking engine yet? It has done a few STN-DUB-STN rotations but never seems to show on the booking engine/seat plan

Interesting video - MAX8-200 - relevant bits are from 3:00 to 3:10 :

Spoilers for roll control just after rotation? In other words dumping lift at the most critical phase of flight? I know the B-52 does this to the extent that many -Gs and all -Hs have no ailerons, but on a civil airliner seems really odd (and you can see the aileron up deflection in the video), does the NG do this? The 52 has a very twisty wing which probably wouldn't get certified on a civil.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I suppose the function of an outboard up-aileron on a long wing has the same effect, reduce lift otherwise it wouldn't work 😁 it's just that spoilers seem rather draggy. Would be interested to learn whether NGs, 320s, etc etc do this at low/rotation speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The NG does the same, quite common I'd say.

Advertisement