Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing List - DCC - Waiting Timeframe

Options
  • 16-06-2021 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi, sorry for a new thread but cant seem to find any thread with information sought.

DCC Housing numbers;

280 Finglas & Cabra Area = 3 Bed House
    90 Ballybough = 3 Bed House

Family seeking a realistic timeframe for when then may get called and placed in a council home.

Currently on HAP, both working but LL intends on selling next few months.

On peoples experiences (i understand each case different) how long more do you think they may have to wait before allocated a home? Based on those numbers, is it years rather than months?

Hoping someone in a similar situation can explain or maybe shed light on the process/waiting times.

Thanks

Sorry just to note, appreciate there maybe negative comments such is the nature of the questions asked, if its possible to keep it on tópic and reserve judgement ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

My guess would be that you're looking at years rather than months. You might reach out to DCC or whichever housing authority you're on the list with and they should be able to give you an idea of the waiting list length times. They will certainly be in a better place to advise you about your situation. I suspect your best bet might be looking for another lease with HAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Sheeps wrote: »
    My guess would be that you're looking at years rather than months. You might reach out to DCC or whichever housing authority you're on the list with and they should be able to give you an idea of the waiting list length times. They will certainly be in a better place to advise you about your situation. I suspect your best bet might be looking for another lease with HAP.

Thanks Sheeps, its not actually for me. Very hard to guage based on the numbers provided.

Guess its just a waiting game, I assume the DCC will give a generic repsonse along the lines of ;

"We will contact you when we have reached your number"

The way things are at the moment, I guess it will be years before they get down the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

10 years on average I think.

Ush1 wrote: »
    10 years on average I think.

I believe they have been on the list since 2013, so that's 8 years. Maybe in 2 years time they may be offered one.

Hopefully they might buy their own home by then and free up the list for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Years, and remember it's a points based system and if someone more in need comes along your friend will find themselves moving down the list rather than upwards.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Years, and remember it's a points based system and if someone more in need comes along your friend will find themselves moving down the list rather than upwards.

Yes true, although my understanding was they got rid of the points based system and went with numbers (as in when you signed up) i could be way off.

Either way, its moving and who knows what the next year or two hold when it comes to housing.

Advertisement