Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good reason to not take the vaccine?

Options
  • 16-06-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm not anti-vax or pro vaccine, mostly undecided to be honest but it's coming to my age group soon so I have to make a decision either way.
    Just curious as to whether there's any credible evidence as to not taking it?
    Best I've heard so far is that there's no way to know of potential long term side effects, it seems like I'm taking a risk no matter what decision I make so I thought I'd see what others think.

Sher let me know what ye think.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

At this point in time there is more than sufficient information out there.

Learn to use Google and stop trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Well I found out today that one of the inventors / founders of mRNA technology has serious reservations about them. He is also a doctor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_NNTVJzqtY

https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD

One of his concerns is around the selection of the dosage level, particularly for Moderna, the tracking of data related to adverse effects, the circulation of the vaccine components through the body, and the potential long term effects of the vaccines.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm not anti-vax...but
    Sigh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I don't think it's fair for anyone to label you anti-vax for having doubts. I am pro-vaccine for sure and got my first shot early in cohort 4, but I am unsure if I'll be getting the second shot due to a particularly bad side effect that hasn't relented (it's sent my previously low-grade tinnitus through the roof). I have to decide with my doctor tomorrow (who has been fair and sound about it and understands my concern), but I'm leaning towards not getting it now as the tinnitus isn't something that just goes away and it's an absolute head wreck to deal with when combined with my pre-existing health condition.

Get it or don't get it. It's up to you and nothing to do with anyone else. But if you're healthy with no other health condition going on then it's very unlikely you'll have any adverse side effects and I would personally get it in that case. It's a risk/reward thing and in your case if you're otherwise well then the balance works very much in your favour to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

According to a recent study, 25% of Covid patients eventually develop Long Covid. I'll take a vaccine with astronomically rare side effects over that any day.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/media2.fairhealth.org/whitepaper/asset/A%20Detailed%20Study%20of%20Patients%20with%20Long-Haul%20COVID--An%20Analysis%20of%20Private%20Healthcare%20Claims--A%20FAIR%20Health%20White%20Paper.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Try the Conspiracy Theories Forum, OP - they'll have lots of "relevant" info for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement