Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Separation Agreement.

• 16-06-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My Ex-Wife and I had split up 4 months ago. We want to get a divorce and want to get a Separation Agreement. We have no property, we are renting in different locations. No kids, joint account, pensions, or anything. We don't owe anything to each other or looking for anything. We just want to get separated. Do we just put that we are looking to get separated and that’s it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭feelings

Would you not go straight for a divorce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dubal

Go to free mediation, they will give you the basis for a divorce agreement. By the time it's ready it'll be another year. Then get a DIY divorce.

Dubal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

You don’t need any agreement,
    If ye are both in agreement and amicable about the whole thing then you don’t need it on paper.
    If ye are both amicable then start applying for divorce if ye wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

XsApollo wrote:
    You don’t need any agreement, If ye are both in agreement and amicable about the whole thing then you don’t need it on paper. If ye are both amicable then start applying for divorce if ye wish.

You can do up your own separation agreement without any outside input. It has to cover the points required such as pensions, property, children (just state there are none), maintenance. Then get it witnessed by two other people.

To go for divorce you need to wait two years from separation. There's no such thing as instant divorce here.
    You can of course state that you have been separated already for two years in the agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m sending in the last piece of paperwork for my own divorce soon.
    If they have no ties, have no assets or children then they don’t need an agreement.
    I think the only people that care about people being separated are revenue.

As you said if both people are in agreement then they can start applying for divorce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dubal

Well you can't actually apply for a divorce until.your 2 years are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Go to your solicitor - Outline what terms you want, solicitors does up an agreement & sends it to your ex.
    Once agreed by you both, use it when the divorce time has passed. Court approves & finalises the divorce in a few years time.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

Advertisement