Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo chromebook

• 16-06-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭

I got a new chromebook this week (accidentally but that that's whole other story). Used it for the first time today. Was showing it to my 8yr old and we were watching a YouTube video with the touchscreen folded back so the chromebook stood in an inverted v. During the video we decided to turn it back into traditional laptop stance and the whole thing hung. Couldn't power it off, nada. Did I do something wrong or are they that glitchy?

Comments

try to reset it / turn off by holding down the power button for 30 seconds

then restart

chromebooks are ok if they suit the needs - e.g. mainly just web browsing and ideally not so many tabs open, mostly online and little storage needed but a lot of the lower-end models I wouldn't recommend

a decent one costs the same as an entry-level windows 10 laptop really (to get an ok screen, build quality etc)

but a lot of times people just buy the cheapest model out there and maybe not so great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

not sure if there is a recent thread of chromebook vs laptop. daughter going to 1st year. needs a device for basic school stuff.. mainly browsing and word docs i suppose.

Advertisement