Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cliched Phrases on Boards

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People saying "don't bother replying to this". It's like please please please let me have the last word. :D

Or "I'm out" or even worse "aaaaand......I'm out".
    It's not poker you know.

And "I'll bite".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Might have been mentioned already in this thread but 'failed to read the room' is popping up a lot in the covid threads and for some reason its like nails on a chalkboard for my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭CarProblem

'failed to read the room'

How could I forget this one - similarly some posters are told to "read the room" before posting something

Then there's a small number of (male) posters who blame men for everything "a lot of angry men on here (it's always men)......."

I find it amazing how quickly bullsh!t phrases proliferate after being used in a few instances

I remember years and year ago there was (briefly thankfully) a trend of people posting "most" instead of "almost". Then a few years after that using the French word "le" in front of emotions. Ending a post not with "sigh" or "groan" but "le sigh" or "le groan" :(

Though of course we still have people use "sans" instead of without - always strikes me as someone trying to be funny/intellectual/high brow but failing miserably

"living rent free in your head" - off to dignitas with you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Maybe this is just me but I have noticed that a lot of people in professional broadcasting (chiefly sports pundits) use big words that they don't understand and out of context.

For example pedantic instead of pedestrian.

This is is happening on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour

(or variations on that theme...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ok boomer.

Advertisement