Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import from UK

• 16-06-2021 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

I need to ship a parcel from the UK to Ireland, its costing £70 and is 6kg weight. Its £200 pound selling price here and mine is SH hence £70.

I can arrange a courier to pick it up v easily, cost me another £12-14.

Im wondering about the Irish VAT, is it going to be 21% of £70 or £200, it should be £70.

and Will I just get a text message telling me I owe VAT on this which I must pay before it can be released ?

and how about UK VAT

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - Posted on the consumer issues forum as well. Do not cross post on different forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Planman82

Hi all, hopefully someone can advise.
    I’m buying a standard pallet of goods from the Uk. The company I’m buying from aren’t shipping to the EU but have told me if I organise my own courier and they don’t have to do the paperwork then I can buy no problem and they will palletise it for me. I have a courier company to do it and they said I just need a commercial invoice.
    Is that all I need or am I missing something? Do I need anything from the company I’m buying from?
    I would buy the product here if I could but Uk is my only option.
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Mod - Moved out of the Vat/Duty thread as it wasn't relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Planman82 wrote: »
    Hi all, hopefully someone can advise.
    I’m buying a standard pallet of goods from the Uk. The company I’m buying from aren’t shipping to the EU but have told me if I organise my own courier and they don’t have to do the paperwork then I can buy no problem and they will palletise it for me. I have a courier company to do it and they said I just need a commercial invoice.
    Is that all I need or am I missing something? Do I need anything from the company I’m buying from?
    I would buy the product here if I could but Uk is my only option.
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Mod - Moved out of the Vat/Duty thread as it wasn't relevant.

I'd recommend Toga freight.

They will collect and do the customs work for you.

The commercial invoice will have to be detailed.

Country of origin of the goods, taric codes, weights, price per item, total price.

There may be duty if the goods are made in China or other non EU country and vat applies to full landed cost here

Advertisement