Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend a restaurant good for families

• 16-06-2021 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm bringing the kids to Fitzgeralds Woodlands Hotel in Adare once school ends for a few days. I don't know Limerick at all really but I booked Bunratty for one of the afternoons and I'm looking for some recommendations for a restaurant that's good for families to get some dinner on the way back if anyone can help. I took a look through the recommend a restaurant thread but it seemed to be mostly take aways. The kids aren't fussy eaters but it's their holiday so chips and burger/pizza that kind of thing.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

tjc28 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm bringing the kids to Fitzgeralds Woodlands Hotel in Adare once school ends for a few days. I don't know Limerick at all really but I booked Bunratty for one of the afternoons and I'm looking for some recommendations for a restaurant that's good for families to get some dinner on the way back if anyone can help. I took a look through the recommend a restaurant thread but it seemed to be mostly take aways. The kids aren't fussy eaters but it's their holiday so chips and burger/pizza that kind of thing.
    Thanks in advance

Bunratty is very good for kids so that was a good call. The Curragower is a gastropub overlooking King Johns castle and the river and would be worth booking if you can get a reservation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

JP Clarkes in Bunratty is good to bring kids with you. Never had any issues with the rabble I go with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Mc Love wrote: »
    JP Clarkes in Bunratty is good to bring kids with you. Never had any issues with the rabble I go with

Plus one for JP Clarkes. They've added outside dining area also.

https://jpclarkes.ie/jps-children-menu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭black & white

I ate in the Locke last Sunday, loads of outside tables and a reasonable menu. Burger was delicious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another recommendation for JP Clarke here, if it's too busy the Creamery or Castle Hotel in Bunratty also have child friendly dining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

thanks all who replied. plenty of options there for me.
    I may well post some more questions about sites worth a visit so maybe you can help again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

tjc28 wrote: »
    thanks all who replied. plenty of options there for me.
    I may well post some more questions about sites worth a visit so maybe you can help again.

Another vote for JP Clarkes in Bunratty for dinner, if dine in is an option when you're here Texas Steakout on O'Connell St in the city is very kid friendly.

Other things to do in the area :
    King John's Castle
    Lough Gur
    Curraghchase
    Craggaunowen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

We went to Bunratty castle last week and ate in Durty Nellie's afterwards, nice kids menu and loads of outside dining. Jilly and Joe's is in the courtyard opposite Durty Nellie's and they do pizzas and snacks and have an ice cream section as well.
    We were also in the woodlands last week for an afternoon and they were working on their outdoor dining area, The Treehouse. Saw on Facebook that it's now finished, looks fab. My kids loved the pancakes there. Fab playground in Adare if you're kids are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Milano's in the Crescent shopping centre

Advertisement