Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One stop tool/machine supplier? Advice...

Options
  • 17-06-2021 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good, Irish if possible, retailer of power tools and machinery. I'm just looking for some quotes for some power tools (routers, sanders, drills etc) and machinery (chop saw, bench sanders, dust extraction etc) Its for a business plan for an idea of costs to upgrade to more industrial/continuous use tools/machines.

Any advice welcome on suppliers or well, advice in general....

Actually on the topic, I would do a lot of router work I know Festool are becoming the trendy 'must have' but whats a good 'lot of use and abuse' type router these days, both 1/2" table mounted and 1/4" hand held? Are Trend a good buy or Makita, are they still as reliable as ever?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

For pricing try McQuillans in Dublin, Roynanes in Thurles, JJ McKenna in Limerick IIRC

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The Carpentry store in Naas have the Axminster range of goods. More choice if nothing else. For routers you will not do better than the Makita range . They are affordable and buletproof IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

recipio wrote: »
    The Carpentry store in Naas have the Axminster range of goods. More choice if nothing else. For routers you will not do better than the Makita range . They are affordable and buletproof IMO.

I have a makita router since 1994. Some tool although doesn’t get major use anymore but still very capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good, Irish if possible, retailer of power tools and machinery. I'm just looking for some quotes for some power tools (routers, sanders, drills etc) and machinery (chop saw, bench sanders, dust extraction etc) Its for a business plan for an idea of costs to upgrade to more industrial/continuous use tools/machines.

Northern Ireland I know, but . . . .
    I have bought many of my larger machinery items from Ray Grahams and they are very very good for speed of delivery and customer service. They also do free delivery to Republic on any items over £99.
    Can't fault them!

I have also purchased from Caulfields in the past. Perhaps not quite as good as Grahams, but in the Republic if that's a must for you.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Actually on the topic, I would do a lot of router work I know Festool are becoming the trendy 'must have' but whats a good 'lot of use and abuse' type router these days, both 1/2" table mounted and 1/4" hand held? Are Trend a good buy or Makita, are they still as reliable as ever?

Handheld I use a Ryobi ¼" router. I find it pretty good but it doesn't get as much use as my Triton ½" table router. That thing is a beast!

Advertisement