Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news - The cinema in Ennis is reopening tomorrow

Options
  • 17-06-2021 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

The cinema itself is under new ownership - Arc Cinema

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't know it was under new ownership but that's great news, they have put great investment into the place in recent years and I can't wait to return to them

https://ennis.arccinema.ie/

I remember going there once to watch a movie during the day on a Tuesday (was working night shift at the time) and I was the only person in there, the movie was ****e so I was leaving and met the owner on the way out, he was offering my money back and I refused cause it wasn't his fault the movie was ****e, the pop corn and coke was great, he then offered me to test the new release that was coming out that Thursday that he had just gotten the film for. For 3 months of terrible night shift I enjoyed testing the screens.

I just realize now that that was about 20 years ago, yes I am old

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's still trading under the name Empire movieplex,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The cinema in Ennis will still be the scout hall across from the Holy Family where you were dropped off and walked up, acted cool and joined the queue next to whoever you were meeting.

Then when I got older you met somewhere on Parnell St. and went up

Then you met in El Paso and went up

• Advertisement

Thinking back, the late shows on a Friday & Saturday night were a money making racket, I don't think anyone was able to see the screen for various different reasons.

Best of luck to the new owners, I'm a huge cinema fan and will be back there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Clareman wrote: »
    The cinema in Ennis will still be the scout hall across from the Holy Family where you were dropped off and walked up, acted cool and joined the queue next to whoever you were meeting.

your showing ur age now. I remember watching The original Superman there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Whatever happened to the original staff?

Advertisement