Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do I qualify as an essential worker for driving lessons?

• 17-06-2021 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Once I week I go to my grandmother's for a few hours a day to take care of her. I either cycle or take the bus and it's not too far or out of the way. She's over ninety and she needs care to do basic things. For instance I give her lunch and take her for a walk etc. I have a big family and we take it in turns to go up to her and take care of her so she doesn't have to live with us or go to a home. My question is do I count as an essential worker for driving lessons?

I've already done four lessons and my driving instructor is happy to take me on again provided I give him the form. The problem is by doing so I'm declaring myself an essential worker and my instructor warned me by declaring so it is up to me to prove I'm an essential worker if questioned by the authorities.
    I do get paid by my parents to take care of my grandmother but it's informal pay. All I have of proof of my work is money my mother transfers over to me every month which dates back to at least November. If I showed this to anyone, it would be up to them to trust my word and my parent's that this was for essential work.

I don't need to ferry my grandmother anywhere in the car, as there's always someone in my family who does have a license for that. The time may come where I have to urgently drive her somewhere, but right now that's not a necessity. I don't have to drive to her house either, but again the time may come when its urgently needed.

Does all this qualify as an essential worker for driver lessons?

Comments

You're not a worker at all, essential or otherwise, from what I can see. However, it's a self declaration and no one is going to give two shîtes what you fill in!

Advertisement