Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Horizontal Channels Astra2 & all Astra1 in one room only

• 17-06-2021 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

My setup - 1 dish, 2 LNBs, 3 diseqc switchers feeding 3 rooms, Ariva STBs.

3 days ago I lost Astra 2 horizontal channels and Astra 1 channels work for 5 secs and then freeze (no signal), only in living room, other rooms are fine. Astra 1 started with only some lost channels.

I replaced STB, then replaced diseqc switch, but problem remains.
    I then connected the living cable to the kitchen diseqc switch and vice versa. But once I changed the "port settings" , kitchen is still fine but living room still has the same problem. I have checked the cable (where visible) and F connectors.

I have not touched LNBs, because of work involved and unlikelihood that 2 become defective at once, in addition 2 rooms are fine and I did swap kitchen and living diseqcs.

Where am I going wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Initially I would suspect a defective cable to the living room. Can you remove/bypass the diseqc switch and connect the cable to each LNB output and test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭pjq

Thanks, I'll try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭pjq

Thanks , it was the cable. A corroded F connector tucked inside a wall, found it while stretching cable from diseqc switch to LNB. Thanks

Advertisement