Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

The new one is as old if not second had(nothing was sealed or even closed properly) and worth less than the one that got destroyed also it took for a formal complaint for them to do anything which took months and they never admitted or were sorry that they did anything wrong or that they destroyed my laptop and if I had a choice I would of got away from the company completely now I'm either stuck with them or out of pocket

I think you need to remember the below:

1) Medion owe you no duty of care under Irish consumer law as your contract of sale was with DID.
    2) Medion owe you no duty of care under Irish consumer law as the laptop is firstly outside the manufacturers warranty and secondly outside the expected useful life of a cheap laptop.
    3) They offered you a free laptop despite not having a duty of care, this is a good will gesture.

I really don't see why you're annoyed, you didn't back up an old laptop. This is not their fault. What exactly do you expect then to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

MEDION BROKE THE LAPTOP, they are responsible for the laptop being broken as it was fine before they sent faulty incompatible updates, I didn't know they would break my laptop so I couldn't back it up in preparation of it breaking, I should be able to trust the manufacturer that they know how their own products work and how to maintain them

And they have replaced it with a similar machine.

Also - your data is your data - your responsibility.

A laptop or hard drive can die at any minute so if this is your only copy of the data the problem is yours

Advertisement