Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

referendum on Covid approach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

Smee_Again wrote: »
    You seem like a reasonable person.

Not at the moment I'm not, I'm very unreasonable. Thanks for the snide comment. Ya can't win with you people, always a smart answer in your circular logic. To go pick out something for the house I need to leave my little kids unattended in a car or leave them with someone, potentially spreading the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Not at the moment I'm not, I'm very unreasonable. Thanks for the snide comment. Ya can't win with you people, always a smart answer in your circular logic. To go pick out something for the house I need to leave my little kids unattended in a car or leave them with someone, potentially spreading the virus?

But you don't believe in covid, (or the need for restrictions or whatever your opinion is) so you should be fine with leaving them with someone.

Either the restrictions are needed or they're not, you seem to be arguing both sides depending on your point.

So not only are you unreasonable, you're also not making sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

:P
    Seriously you need two people to pick something out for the house?
    If that is the case one walks in with looks around, find anything they like just facetime the person in the car

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You seem quite perturbed to be honest, why are you bringing paedophilia into this discussion, really disturbing to be blunt, I've stated there are continuing restrictions but at the same time asked Where's the lockdown, a question that clearly escapes you. There is no current lockdown just restrictions, I've expressed zero opinion on this matter on this thread.

Yes, I am perturbed. Am I supposed to leave small children in a car unattended in a public place? Is it not a parent's job to keep their kids safe in public? If you cannot get to a beach, cannot go for a meal in a restaurant, cannot sit in a pub, cannot go on a foreign holiday and so on and on then what do you call it? FFS ya can't find an open toilet now in loads of places, further curtailing travel. Officially there may not be a lockdown but in practice there's loads of hurdles put in people's way to get back to normal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Yes, I am perturbed. Am I supposed to leave small children in a car unattended in a public place? Is it not a parent's job to keep their kids safe in public? If you cannot get to a beach, cannot go for a meal in a restaurant, cannot sit in a pub, cannot go on a foreign holiday and so on and on then what do you call it? FFS ya can't find an open toilet now in loads of places, further curtailing travel. Officially there may not be a lockdown but in practice there's loads of hurdles put in people's way to get back to normal

No you dont leave kids in car unattended but you also dont bring them into a shop when you are warned not to.
    You keep mentioning the beech, I have gone multiple times to the beech without a problem.

Bringing young kids to a pub?

It seems you only consider yourself and nobody else. Will leave you to it.

• Advertisement

But you don't believe in covid, (or the need for restrictions or whatever your opinion is) so you should be fine with leaving them with someone.

Either the restrictions are needed or they're not, you seem to be arguing both sides depending on your point.

So not only are you unreasonable, you're also not making sense.

I can't just leave them with someone, that other someone might have concerns. If you do and someone gets"symptoms" then people have to restrict their movements. I follow there rules, I just don't agree with them. The restrictions are there, so they have to be followed. Same as if I don't agree with a speed limit non a road, I still have to stick to it. I pay a TV licence and ...

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

I had to check there wasn’t a previous post that got carried over!

I’m not sure what the point of this question is now after 16 months of lockdowns and now so far into vaccinations.

Also think the option of the Army creating a border on the island is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.

What exactly are you trying to ascertain 16 months after the event?

I'm literally about to go for a run along a beach, there's nothing stopping you from going to a beach.

I can't just leave them with someone, that other someone might have concerns. If you do and someone gets"symptoms" then people have to restrict their movements. I follow there rules, I just don't agree with them. The restrictions are there, so they have to be followed. Same as if I don't agree with a speed limit non a road, I still have to stick to it. I pay a TV licence and ...

If you follow the rules then why were you getting all prissy about the shop doing the same?

Actually, they didn't follow the rules and allowed you and your kids in the shop and you still got prissy.

Then you say you can't leave the kids with someone because they may develop symptoms. But also, that restrictions aren't needed so how could they develop symptoms.

So which is it? Follow the rules or don't follow them? Restrictions are needed or they aren't?

Don't bother answering, it's clear you're determined to be outraged about something and will ignore any and all logic in order to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You are not at all required to leave your children unattended in a public space, what are you talking about? , if you did such a thing, that would be your decision, no one else's and your responsibility and I might add would be disturbing and Reckless, I'm not getting how your equating restrictions to child Abandonment, it's beyond absurd. I can understand anyone's frustration at the past year but seriously!!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm literally about to go for a run along a beach, there's nothing stopping you from going to a beach.

God, I think I'll join you :) I'm just flabbergasted at this stage

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Full time mad bastard.
    Sorry man, I wasn't supposed to reply that to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What couple of people? Currently 42% of people on this poll don't agree with covid. I know plenty who are sick of the restrictions and want it ended.

Sure why do we even need to have a referendum so? Lets just base all our future public policy decisions off of completely unbiased, neutral and 100% secure internet polls.
    It's great to come on boards to discuss things only to get attacks from the likes of you constantly. I won't be moving away from all my loved ones thank you very much, up yours buddy. I'd rather you move away with your rude statements.

LOL but you don't want a discussion you want people to agree with you and tell you how smart you are. You might be better off on twitter or maybe even parler considering the other guff your spouting
    Yes, I am perturbed. Am I supposed to leave small children in a car unattended in a public place? Is it not a parent's job to keep their kids safe in public?

LOL your actually blaming others for your poor decision making of bringing kids interior decorating shopping.
    If you cannot get to a beach, cannot go for a meal in a restaurant, cannot sit in a pub, cannot go on a foreign holiday and so on and on then what do you call it?

Ive been to several beaches since county restrictions lifted, im going to a restaurant tomorrow night and ive been to a pub several times to.

You can absolutely go on a foreign holiday, its not advised to do so and you will probably have to quarantine when you get back. Also its up to the destination country on whether your allowed in or not so you have a beef with them also in this regard.
    FFS ya can't find an open toilet now in loads of places, further curtailing travel. Officially there may not be a lockdown but in practice there's loads of hurdles put in people's way to get back to normal

The lack of toilets has nothing to do with lockdown blame the councils for pushing their responsibilities for providing a public service onto private businesses.

There literally is not a lockdown in place anymore.

ineedeuro wrote: »
    No you dont leave kids in car unattended but you also dont bring them into a shop when you are warned not to.
    You keep mentioning the beech, I have gone multiple times to the beech without a problem.

Bringing young kids to a pub?

It seems you only consider yourself and nobody else. Will leave you to it.

A.Wasn't warned, only shop I've seen with that rule.
    B. I don't have as much free time as you, so it would have been the second time we got to a beach, the last time we went a couple of weeks ago the beach we attended had the public toilets closed, so we can't go back there again. Busier beaches we were planning on attending this time had the guards turning people back.
    C.i never talked about bringing kids to the pub, that's your imagination. I'm talking about people who want to go to the pub, I've not got the time.
    D. See answer C.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Sure why do we even need to have a referendum so? Lets just base all our future public policy decisions off of completely unbiased, neutral and 100% secure internet polls.

LOL but you don't want a discussion you want people to agree with you and tell you how smart you are. You might be better off on twitter or maybe even parler considering the other guff your spouting

LOL your actually blaming others for your poor decision making of bringing kids interior decorating shopping.

Ive been to several beaches since county restrictions lifted, im going to a restaurant tomorrow night and ive been to a pub several times to.

You can absolutely go on a foreign holiday, its not advised to do so and you will probably have to quarantine when you get back. Also its up to the destination country on whether your allowed in or not so you have a beef with them also in this regard.

The lack of toilets has nothing to do with lockdown blame the councils for pushing their responsibilities for providing a public service onto private businesses.

There literally is not a lockdown in place anymore.
    VinLieger wrote: »

Private businesses that previously had their toilets open now have them closed.
    More insults, good lad.
    You can't go on a holiday if you have to quarantine when you get back.
    I've put up a poll, answer it, have manners. Or don't bother with it. But you people just carry on and on with the attacks and insults and call it a discussion.
    Are you the type of people that think people like David McWilliams should "go and commit suicide" back in 2007/08.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

A.Wasn't warned, only shop I've seen with that rule.
    B. I don't have as much free time as you, so it would have been the second time we got to a beach, the last time we went a couple of weeks ago the beach we attended had the public toilets closed, so we can't go back there again. Busier beaches we were planning on attending this time had the guards turning people back.
    C.i never talked about bringing kids to the pub, that's your imagination. I'm talking about people who want to go to the pub, I've not got the time.
    D. See answer C.

Well based on this half brained thread at 01:30 , coupled with your one at 01: 27 on sacking TK, I beg to differ.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Private businesses that previously had their toilets open now have them closed.

Yes so your issue is with councils not providing adequate public toilets.

Any thoughts on the rest of my post?

Nozebleed wrote: »
    what lockdown? are you for real. funny enough i feel the same about the virus. what virus?...i never got the virus,dont know anyone who did.

That’s because of the lockdown.

Well based on this half brained thread at 01:30 , coupled with your one at 01: 27 on sacking TK, I beg to differ.

Good lad, carry on with the insults. You're a credit to boards.ie
    You could just answer it, or not.

I had to check there wasn’t a previous post that got carried over!

I’m not sure what the point of this question is now after 16 months of lockdowns and now so far into vaccinations.

Also think the option of the Army creating a border on the island is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.

What exactly are you trying to ascertain 16 months after the event?
    It was done for foot and mouth.. just asking a question.

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You are not at all required to leave your children unattended in a public space, what are you talking about? , if you did such a thing, that would be your decision, no one else's and your responsibility and I might add would be disturbing and Reckless, I'm not getting how your equating restrictions to child Abandonment, it's beyond absurd. I can understand anyone's frustration at the past year but seriously!!
    I'm not. I can't explain it anymore than I have.

If you follow the rules then why were you getting all prissy about the shop doing the same?

Actually, they didn't follow the rules and allowed you and your kids in the shop and you still got prissy.

Then you say you can't leave the kids with someone because they may develop symptoms. But also, that restrictions aren't needed so how could they develop symptoms.

So which is it? Follow the rules or don't follow them? Restrictions are needed or they aren't?

Don't bother answering, it's clear you're determined to be outraged about something and will ignore any and all logic in order to do so.

Their rules were their own rules, it didn't apply to other places. That's my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

It was done for foot and mouth.. just asking a question.

But you’ve conveniently ignored the other part of my post.

What’s the point of asking this bizarre question 16 months after the event?

Why would we have a referendum on how to tackle Covid now?

Or is this a wind up?

Yeah, there is. I don't live close to one and the one time we wanted to go the guards are turning people back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This thread has managed to avoid lockdown anyway.

ineedeuro wrote: »
    :P
    Seriously you need two people to pick something out for the house?
    If that is the case one walks in with looks around, find anything they like just facetime the person in the car

Oh Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Hopefully the next pandemic will give us a heads up before it starts so we can pick a date for the referendum and what options will be out to the public.

Before I vote OP, can you tell us what you do for a living and your educational background?

I'm a qualified rocket scientist but my day job is a pleasure beast for all cummers....
    Tell ya what buddy, move to the top right corner of you browser and hit X. It's a survey, don't answer it, get out of your basement and make your folks a cup of tea.
    You're obviously a superior, highly intelligent person, but I don't answer to you and I don't answer to the government.. the government answers to the people of the country. The sooner people here wake up to that the better.
    If people want to stay locked down till 2023 or 2024 then let them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Hi, i don't believe in having this lockdown, i suggest we have a referendum on how we approach tackling Covid. with that, can we have a vote on what approach to take instead of being dictated to. option 4 is what i would go for, this would entail better cleaning in pubs . restroom attendants at busy times, limit numbers in pubs/nightclubs for the next year or two depending on the virus. less travelling around to pubs, book yer pub like a resturant or concert. basically a better public health approach to how pubs operate. i would open everything else up backto normal, but if someone was afraid of the virus or wanted to stay isolated then they can be given the supports to do so(e.g. elderly people with other health concerns)

This is a windup right ??

A referendum on the response to a pandemic? You want to put a clause in the Constitution that says in the event of a global pandemic let pubs open ??

I

• Advertisement

Yeah, there is. I don't live close to one and the one time we wanted to go the guards are turning people back

I thought you said you were following the rules?

I think you're making this up as you go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement