Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade and Invest in the Limerick – Nenagh – Ballybrophy Railway Line

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Deedsie wrote: »

It should also be noted that the arrival time in Limerick in the morning, and departure time in the evening, do not allow for workers in the city living along the line to use it to commute to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

source wrote: »
    It should also be noted that the arrival time in Limerick in the morning, and departure time in the evening, do not allow for workers in the city living along the line to use it to commute to work.

I agree, there are loads of issues with the line. We are initially focusing on the 3 objectives mentioned in the campaign letter as we think those will be the most beneficial in the shortest period of time.

If we could improve the speed limits/journey times then that would be a good time to request alterations to the timetable etc

Signed it there, hope you are successful with the petition though I have my doubts about how committed CIE are to that line. It would be an amazing asset to North Tipp if the station at Annacotty was restored, plenty of people driving in to UL and Plassey, afaik.

It seems to be an obvious thing to push for but afaik it's never really been seriously sought.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Does anybody actually use that line? Had a friend living beside it at one point. You could see that the carriages were practically always empty. Hard to know how it could be viable to run anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

I would suggest before they invest money on the track they run trains on it that would get people to Limerick in time to start work and leave Limerick after work. If they can grow numbers with that timetable then it might be worth spending funds on the track to speed up the journey.

I mean what they've spent on the Limerick Galway route was close to criminal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement