Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statement from closed account

Options
  • 18-06-2021 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi 

Can you get a bank statement from 2017 and 2018 from a closed account? If so what is the process for that? I closed my account with BOI in 2018 when I left Ireland. 

Kind Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

do you have the account number? I had a case recently where without the acc number they couldn't find it, make u wonder about AML :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Ville wrote: »
    Hi 

Can you get a bank statement from 2017 and 2018 from a closed account? If so what is the process for that? I closed my account with BOI in 2018 when I left Ireland. 

Kind Regards

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

To request statements on a closed account when outside Ireland you can post a letter to the branch the account was held with. The letter should include a copy of your passport and a recent utility bill showing your current address where the statements will be sent to. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abhishek8720

Did you actually manage to get a bank statement? I have been chasing up the branch for last 4 months now, but they can't give me the statements as they keep deferring to back end team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. To have this looked into and resolved for you we would recommend that you call our customer service team directly on 0818365365 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement