Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Clare Summer 2021 - Activities/Restaurants Open?

Options
  • 18-06-2021 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hello. As a long time holiday maker to West Clare, I'm hoping to make the trip again for a week in the Summer. Travelling with small children and I fear the restrictions on dining, pre-booking and activities in general may take any spontaneity out of what we can do or where we can eat and will be a challenge in general. I've always found it difficult, even pre Covid to find specifics on websites for most things in West Clare (sometimes website is active but business has closed down) and it's generally a case of calling ahead or arriving on spec.

Perhaps locals or those who have visited recently or plan to, can share their knowledge and experience through the summer of what's open, what's not, what has changed or anything that might help holiday makers make the most of this amazing place during a Covid summer....

Topic not limited to anything in particular...restaurants, cafes, children's/family activities, swimming pools, public toilets, lighthouses, tours...

Thoughts welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eldudeson

Hi,

I'm not a local, but there's a new pizza take away place opened near Kilmihil/Creegh/Doonbeg. It's take away only, and opened weekends for now but definitely worth travelling for. It's called Sa Domu and can be found on Instagram or Facebook.
    Home made pizzas by an Italian Chef. Honestly, they have to be tried to believe how good they are!

Enjoy the holiday and I hope you get the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've always found the cliff walk in Kilkee to be lovely, and underrated too. Doesn't get half as much publicity as Cliffs of Moher, or other North Clare activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I don’t know where in West Clare you are headed but Moher farm is great for kids.
    Some activities do definitely need to be booked. My sons highlight of last summer was the Bird of Prey Centre we also did Ailawee caves that day (I think wyou would nave to book it).
    Another poster mentioned Kilkee Cliff walk there is also another cliff walk at white strand beach in Miltown Malbay. There are walks in the Burren that are incredible and you wouldn’t see a soul on them I think if you look up Slieve Carran - Eagles Rock you should find the two walks there, one on either side of the road.
    When it comes to dining. The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point has a pizza place, a fish and chip van and a coffee place serving ice cream and toasted sandwiches (all for outdoor dining). If the benches are full put down a blanket on the grass and have your grub looking out at the waves.

Advertisement