Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS card manager app

• 18-06-2021 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

Having trouble with this app, it takes forever to validate my request for payment withdrawal, sometimes days. i usually use it for putting money into revolut. Not much help from ebs support. Anyone else with this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's a persistent problem, you can login in to your EBS account from a web browser and transfer money from there to your Revolut account. You'll need to setup the Revolut account as a payee using the Lithuanian IBAN you can see in the Revolut app. Setting up a payee is a much faster process nowadays, you don't have to phone anyone in EBS to activate it and it wil be active in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks for the reply, and yes it is a persistent problem with the ebs app, also I'm not aware that I can access my ebs account on line. It's not a current account. The ebs app gets 2 stars on Google play, which is an indication of it's usability.

It's completely unusable on Android 12 beta. Crashes immediately on opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

horse7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, and yes it is a persistent problem with the ebs app, also I'm not aware that I can access my ebs account on line. It's not a current account.

You might have an issue then.

I have an EBS Money Manager account and when I login, I can see my savings accounts and can move money between accounts. But I can only transfer to external payees from the MM account. When you define a payee, it doesn't ask from which account you propose to send the money to that person and when you ask to transfer money, if the 'from' account is a savings account, you can only transfer to your other EBS accounts, it won't offer you any of your external payees.

In contrast, Bank of Ireland allows you to transfer money from either your current or deposit account to external payees. I can't see any good reason why EBS don't let you do the same. But I'm not sure if you can do this with BoI if you have a deposit account alone.

So it looks like EBS requires you to have a Money Manager account to send money to Revolut online. There are no fees and they give you a debit card so it's worth condsidering opening one. Just be aware that there is no mobile app and the EBS website is not mobile-friendly.

Yes this is true but the ebs app functions only intermittently, it was fine previously just requiring confirmation, but now it requires the ebs app its awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Didn't think it was possible to have a debit card from EBS without a current account?

Curve card allows use of an EBS debit card without needing the EBS card app but that depends on what type of EBS card it is.

If you wanted to less customers then EBS has a winner with their new app. I am in the process of closing my accounts in EBS after 35 years with them. Several of my friends have done the same or are planning to.

Still hit and miss with the EBS app, I can put 30€ into my revolut, but not 300€.

Advertisement