Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI Insurance

Options
  • 18-06-2021 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Has anyone any experience claiming something golf rated on your GUI insurance? I have emailed Golf Ireland and they said they dont operate any insurance and to get onto my club! but its my understanding they have joined together as in golf ireland has replaced GUI I cant find a number for the GUI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

benny79 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Has anyone any experience claiming something golf rated on your GUI insurance? I have emailed Golf Ireland and they said they dont operate any insurance and to get onto my club! but its my understanding they have joined together as in golf ireland has replaced GUI I cant find a number for the GUI.
    Afaik, Golf Ireland and the GUI/ILGU before them haven't operated any insurance policies for some time. They do have deals for members with AIG, but they don't do (and haven't done) insurance in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Afaik, Golf Ireland and the GUI/ILGU before them haven't operated any insurance policies for some time. They do have deals for members with AIG, but they don't do (and haven't done) insurance in their own right.

So what is your GUI money going towards? I was always told some of it went towards insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

GolfSure is the company that operate the insurance. They offer it to the clubs not the GUI/Golf Ireland

Salvadoor wrote: »
    GolfSure is the company that operate the insurance. They offer it to the clubs not the GUI/Golf Ireland

So do you reckon I could be covered by my club? or am I pissing in the wind? ..lol..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So do you reckon I could be covered by my club? or am I pissing in the wind? ..lol..

If you specifically paid the insurance sub, in some clubs it's mandatory

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

A friend of mine claimed for clubs stolen from his shed against his insurance. First point of contact was the club, who helped him negotiate the claim.
    AFAIK, they will pay up to 2000 euro without quibble - after that you need to provide receipts, proof of ownership, etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

RE Stolen clubs: I have my car insured with Golfer AIG and they cover golf equipment stolen from locked boot of car and that's enough for me because if they are stolen from anywhere else it will be from the house and that will be covered under house insurance

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I contact my club and he contacted Golf Ireland he has a contact there and said there was nothing they could do.

He said "Golf Ireland membership is only an affiliation fee that’s absorbed into your membership and allows you to play in competitions, play at away courses and obtain/keep your handicap status. There is no insurance with Golf Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Contact your club and see what insurance they provide to members.

Some clubs have mandatory insurance included in the annual sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I contact my club and he contacted Golf Ireland he has a contact there and said there was nothing they could do.

He said "Golf Ireland membership is only an affiliation fee that’s absorbed into your membership and allows you to play in competitions, play at away courses and obtain/keep your handicap status. There is no insurance with Golf Ireland"

This is correct, golf insurance is an additional product that you purchase.

So if you get you subscription invoice does it have it listed on it? If you have a distance membership it’s very unlikely you have it.

Also, we’re the clubs stolen? It is not as easy to claim as before and you need proof of theft etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Ollieboy wrote: »
    This is correct, golf insurance is an additional product that you purchase.

So if you get you subscription invoice does it have it listed on it? If you have a distance membership it’s very unlikely you have it.

Also, we’re the clubs stolen? It is not as easy to claim as before and you need proof of theft etc.
    Yes, we pay for the golf insurance as part of our overall annual sub, but it's a separate line item within the fee

I was talking to club the is no insurance through Golf Ireland or club. Basically he told me you have to get separate insurance and AIG do it for about €9 a year. I could always get it and say it happened a couple of months down the line.. Think Im just going to have to bite the bullet on this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I was talking to club the is no insurance through Golf Ireland or club. Basically he told me you have to get separate insurance and AIG do it for about €9 a year. I could always get it and say it happened a couple of months down the line.. Think Im just going to have to bite the bullet on this one :(

Not clear if I'm insured through club either looking at the invoice I got. Any idea how to get the AIG cover? don't see it on their website or google.

Not clear if I'm insured through club either looking at the invoice I got. Any idea how to get the AIG cover? don't see it on their website or google.

Ring them I suppose you have to say your a member of GUI and you get a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

€9 is very cheap
    we pay €27

Advertisement