Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennys and Galtee brands being sold to a US entity

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have been eating DairyGold all my life. I’d query the authenticity of that photo, because I’ve never seen it light colour (apart from the Light version).

It spreads the same as ever, and melts on toast. I think you may have fallen for crap posted on the internet.

Why have you been eating it? Its awful muck. Any actual butter is nicer.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This is shocking and will inevitably result in sausages containing substandard testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Terry..

Brian? wrote: »

He should see his doctor as well

Just to get the all clear after all that dairygold urghh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Brian? wrote: »

Weird question! Why do people normally eat things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

never bought galtee myself assumed it was cheap .

but you do wonder about huge sections of the food supply being in the hands of so few.
    And if you don't, you should.

• Advertisement

Weird question! Why do people normally eat things?

Well the spreadable butters came in and everyone got convinced to switch

Eventually it dawned on most people that they should have stayed eating pure butter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am no food snob but Denny and Galtee pudding are horrendous. The Tesco value stuff is nicer.

Terry.. wrote: »

Eventually it dawned on most people that they should have stayed eating pure butter

It’s still a weird question.

While I love real butter, it is not very convenient for spreading unless left out for a while.

It’s still a weird question.

While I love real butter, it is not very convenient for spreading unless left out for a while.

Which is more important spreadability or taste

And which is the easier to manipulate in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I am no food snob but Denny and Galtee pudding are horrendous. The Tesco value stuff is nicer.

The locally produced bacon , pudding and sausages you get from the butchers is far nicer that what Denny's or galtee produce.

• Advertisement

Which is more important spreadability or taste

And which is the easier to manipulate in the kitchen

This is getting a bit obsessive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

This is shocking and will inevitably result in sausages containing substandard testicles.

Full of snouty goodness
    ongarite wrote: »
    No great loss, for all their talk & marketing they aren't even Irish pork sausage.
    No Bord Bia mark on either brands.
    During the horse meat scandal years ago, Denny was the only brand left on the shelves.
    That tells you plenty where they source their raw pork material

That it didnt contain horse? Thats good right?

Anyway, like has been said above, find a good local butcher that you trust and your chances of eating more recognisable meat increase. Good rashers from a butcher are incomparable to anything you find on the shelf of a supermarket.

Eggs too, if your going to make a good fry up, spend a couple of pence more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Heebie wrote: »
    They couldn't have chosen a more horrible crowd to sell to... they really couldn't have.

Having worked for Kerry Group, they couldn't be much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Absolute muc

Badum tshhh
    Underappreciated post

Probably due to the lack of pig in the products...

I haven’t seen butter anywhere for years. Are butter sales reviving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Absolute muc

Badum tshhh
    Underappreciated post

Tuigim,
    Tuigeann tú
    Ach ní thuigeann siad!

Maith an fear, a Dhónal.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

fvp4 wrote:
    I haven’t seen butter anywhere for years. Are butter sales reviving?

Is this a serious post?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LMC7

I think Galtee sausages are the nicest...but ya the rest mentioned are pure ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I have been eating DairyGold all my life. I’d query the authenticity of that photo, because I’ve never seen it light colour (apart from the Light version).

It spreads the same as ever, and melts on toast. I think you may have fallen for crap posted on the internet.

Butter esque spreads are shiite.
    Buy the real things.

ongarite wrote: »
    No great loss, for all their talk & marketing they aren't even Irish pork sausage.
    No Bord Bia mark on either brands.
    During the horse meat scandal years ago, Denny was the only brand left on the shelves.
    That tells you plenty where they source their raw pork material.

They got found out, the only Irish product in their Irish breakfast hamper they sold was the O'Hara's soda bread!

• Advertisement

Butter esque spreads are shiite.
    Buy the real things.

I’ll buy what I choose, not what some random people on the internet want me to.

The obsession is a bit weird though. Are ye all dairy farmers or something that want to sell more produce? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DairyGold butter was the closest thing to real butter in taste. Now it’s low low ****e see attached
    The colour of a butter won't tell you whether it came from sunflower oil. The colour of butter is determined by the diet of the cows from which it came.

A lighter butter merely means the milk came from somewhere else. In some regions, a yellow dye is added to make it darker and thus appear more "buttery". So you never really know.

I've also never encountered any kind of butter, oil-based or milk-based that doesn't melt when spread on hot toast. So I'd definitely say that Stella has probably had too much Stella.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The obsession is a bit weird though. Are ye all dairy farmers or something that want to sell more produce? :pac:
    To be fair, you can't bate real butter on toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I’ll buy what I choose, not what some random people on the internet want me to.

Good lad.
    You be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

KevRossi wrote: »
    Both Galtee and Denny's have been shyte for a very long time. Support smaller brands and buy locally made products.

Meat has turned to terrible muck over the past 20 years, I eat it at the most 3-4 times a week. I never thought I'd say that, but here we are.
    There is good stuff out there but you need to shop around for it. Try locally reared stuff from nearest farmers' market or farm shop or craft butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The missus has been getting that crap spreadable butter for so long, I had forgotten the taste of real farmyard butter. Then last year I got a lb of real farmyard butter and it was savage. That really salty taste. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The missus has been getting that crap spreadable butter for so long, I had forgotten the taste of real farmyard butter. Then last year I got a lb of real farmyard butter and it was savage. That really salty taste. Yum.
    It can't be bate on the shpuds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There is good stuff out there but you need to shop around for it. Try locally reared stuff from nearest farmers' market or farm shop or craft butcher.

Sorry, but I can't see the phrase 'Farmers Market' and not post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn1a-7TnOE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It can't be bate on the shpuds :)

The first taste made me wince because it was so long since I had it. I'd forgotten how salty the real thing is. Well worth it though.

Yep, a 'hape' of it on a pile of shpuds, a taste of heaven. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

aslong as they keep the great xmas ads where the family have an enormous fry while the daughter is riding around on the bike from santa. Thats what you want before you throw tha massive chrimbo dinner into ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqIr6oydbDo

Advertisement