Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

GangstaCat wrote: »
    Yeah Johnny Rushes they used to have a resident coke dealer that would be sitting there every afternoon/evening. Hardly a candle to look to

Are you saying the owners and staff knew this and turned a blind eye? or did this coke dealer sit there, just like an ordinary customer?
    Because for a lot of people, unless you're looking for coke, you wouldnt spot a dealer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If only that lad dishing out the roundhouse kicks wasn't wearing skinny jeans. Imagine if he connected... They'd have found yer man's head somewhere in Dublin Castle.

It was mentioned earlier, that a barman had been arrested, has that been confirmed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

AcrobaticMisguidedAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

That roundhouse though 🌪👞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

There’s a lot of gobdaws standing there doing nothing. That should have been broken up sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Nope heard the same but they were racially abusing staff?

They were being racist anyway

Being racist, smashing bottles on staff - What is acceptable now in our society - some is vent-up anger by lockdowns, but citizens must feal safe on our streets without being abused verbaly and ohysically - strange they are quiet on the Luas when the security patrol - most of it is a form of bullying - but when its put up to them as in the video they retaliate the sneaky way, with broken bottles , hope those were the ones arrested and charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Can the genii asking "how come the Guards are nowhere to be seen when something like this happen but you see them doing X/Y/Z" not figure out that if the Guards were in the vicinity of South William St. then this specific incident would not have broken out there ... but that the little shits would just have kept going to start trouble where there were no Guards!

There’s a lot of gobdaws standing there doing nothing. That should have been broken up sooner.

Which "side" would you have jumped in for? And how would you identify or announce yourself as an unconnected independent peacekeeping participant to all currently involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

thebaz wrote: »
    Being racist, smashing bottles on staff - What is acceptable now in our society - some is vent-up anger by lockdowns, but citizens must feal safe on our streets without being abused verbaly and ohysically - strange they are quiet on the Luas when the security patrol - most of it is a form of bullying - but when its put up to them as in the video they retaliate the sneaky way, with broken bottles , hope those were the ones arrested and charged.

Pent up anger at lockdown...really? You think those little knacker bastards followed any public health advice. Give me a break..if anyone should have pent up anger its those of use who've been working all the way through the pandemic or those who lost jobs as a result.

Dublin needs like City of London a dedicated police force, commercial rates for businesses could subdise it. Why should the capital and hub for tourists be a playground for these little bolloxes. Saturate the City with a visible presence and overhaul the justice system

• Advertisement

Which "side" would you have jumped in for? And how would you identify or announce yourself as an unconnected independent peacekeeping participant to all currently involved?

considering ther was one side outnumbered, being racially abused and having bottles smashed on them , should be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭Augme

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That's fcuking beautiful

Is it a group of lads that circle the city centre looking out for scumbags?

My Polish friends told me they were 'private' security hired by the bars. They were all big lads, clearly well trained. They all wore T shirts with matching 'ochrono' on the back. I think that means security, but it wasn't a company as such.

I have seen something similar in Latvia, though there it was just local guys who happened to be nearby - all ex military service, all well able to handle themselves.

Mind you, one old granny I saw on a Latvian bus made great use of her walking stick where some young folk were disrespecting and disturbing ordinary folk.

Here, they would lock her up

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Well, when I’ve seen fights broken up, people are pulled away from the fight (the least aggro tend to be chosen) and others get in the middle once that happens to create a buffer. That then just dilutes things as there are numerous people standing between the fight participants. Things tend to diffuse from there. No fighting required. Are you telling me there aren’t enough people in that clip to make that happen, especially as it’s clear nobody has any serious weapons? Me balls.

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Pent up anger at lockdown...really? You think those little knacker bastards followed any public health advice. Give me a break..if anyone should have pent up anger its those of use who've been working all the way through the pandemic or those who lost jobs as a result.

Dublin needs like City of London a dedicated police force, commercial rates for businesses could subdise it. Why should the capital and hub for tourists be a playground for these little bolloxes. Saturate the City with a visible presence and overhaul the justice system

If you read my post , I was not defending them - but Covid / lockdowns has created a lot of vent up anger , from what I can see in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Seems fairly easy to pick out a “side”
    One lot have black shirts etc on and fairly easy to distinguish they are in uniform

The other side are in the uniform as well....just the uniform of sc*mb*gs

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am afraid to go to Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am afraid to go to Dublin

Why? Chances of meeting these little sc*mb*gs is tiny

People responding to my point about picking a side are missing the actual point I was making - which was more explicit in the second sentence.
    If you just jump into a row like that, neither side knows you and neither side knows you are not with the "others". You might even end up getting a few digs from participants on both sides and escalating it even more.

It is also like in a football match when there is a bit of a schmozzle. The worst thing that you can do in terms of stopping the fight is to run in and try to separate the initial people fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

thebaz wrote: »
    If you read my post , I was not defending them - but Covid / lockdowns has created a lot of vent up anger , from what I can see in Dublin.

I get that but i doubt any restriction or lockdown made much difference to those cnuts so no need for them to be angry for that

• Advertisement

Rio had "street cleansing" exercises not too long ago. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Rio had "street cleansing" exercises not too long ago. Just saying.

800 dead at police hands in less than year .

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Why? Chances of meeting these little sc*mb*gs is tiny

Unless you get the train to hueston station, then you'll meet them outside. A hospital appointment in St James maybe ? yep, you'll meet plenty there tapping for odds.
    Or if you walk up the quays, you'll see them, particularly around merchants Quay, so you could cross over, but then you encounter some more on the boardwalk, you could cross over again, there'll be more of them in temple bar, or selling gear at the corner of O connell bridge.
    You might see them at a luas stop, at either Jervis center or Abbey street. Again, if you used Connolly.

Your chance is more than tiny.

Although at least the scum are TERRIFIED of the police in Brazilian cities.

The military police and special units within the regular police - yes.

800 dead at police hands in less than year .

Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Does anyone actually know what can be done to prevent little scrotes from doing this type of stuff?

Jake1 wrote: »
    Unless you get the train to hueston station, then you'll meet them outside. A hospital appointment in St James maybe ? yep, you'll meet plenty there tapping for odds.
    Or if you walk up the quays, you'll see them, particularly around merchants Quay, so you could cross over, but then you encounter some more on the boardwalk, you could cross over again, there'll be more of them in temple bar, or selling gear at the corner of O connell bridge.
    You might see them at a luas stop, at either Jervis center or Abbey street. Again, if you used Connolly.

Your chance is more than tiny.

Grand canal dock, pearse street, lower rathmines...

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know what can be done to prevent little scrotes from doing this type of stuff?

More prisons, harsher judges, longer sentences.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

A poster earlier on suggested something along the lines of more cuddles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I heard someone calling them 'knackers' in the clip, they seemed more like 'Dublin Wanker' types, the junior DW's.

Advertisement