Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

I wish a political party would take a stand on this.

Hundreds of people there, bully the bullies then return to having a nice evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Astral Nav

Bear in mind the Gardaí were kept very busy asking law abiding citizens where they were going and have been standing at Dublin airport fining people for going on holiday for five months.
    I saw large open air parties in certain parts of the north city after certain tragic 'killings', no Gardaí.
    The Garda Commissioner appeared on a light entertainment program in full uniform threatening that otherwise law abiding citizens will have a criminal record for breaking Covid regs.
    Meanwhile any little scumbag can run riot in the city. People are justifiably questioning what the hell is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Witcher wrote: »
    They stay in cars out around the northside because they're going from call to call and haven't got time to be pissing about on the beat.

They need to be on the beat to see what is happening on the ground, not reacting when it is too late. Yes they need more numbers to this and should be given them. No excuses then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I think we need to look at compulsory military service for those not partaking in 3rd level or a trade.

Lads need discipline that the judicial system doesn’t provide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just shows that these rats hunts in packs and try to blindside people with weapons in a melee. Just imagine that lad facing one of them man to man.

You'd actually pay to see it.
    That is how those little sh1ts fight, one or two of them will square up to you shouting the odds while one or two slyly circle around behind you and attack. When you are on the ground they all start throwing kicks into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Really shocked by that footage, looking to move back to Dublin after an absence of a few years. What has happened? It was never this bad?

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Really shocked by that footage, looking to move back to Dublin after an absence of a few years. What has happened? It was never this bad?

Basically the city has been closed for 20 months and the inner city kids have had the run of the streets. As such they have got brazen. They now have to share their playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

This is a feature of liberal Ireland not a bug. A bad tree produces bad fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Why? Chances of meeting these little sc*mb*gs is tiny

The stories of violence in Dublin is increasing more and more, tougher justice punishments on teens and yobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This reminds me of secondary school. We love it really as a spectator sport, absolute car crash of a "fight", the drama, the wild kicks at the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The lads involved in that video are from Oliver Bond, iveagh trust and basin street.

I'm well aware of who they are from working doors in that vicinity.

At this stage the only way to sort out the southside of town is to knock all those flats and move them to some godforsaken place like roscommon and let them wipe each other out.

There's no saving them, it's generational.
    One of those lads, his father was out carrying on like that in the late 90s to mid 00s. The son obviously learnt well.

I can go back to the mid 90s and the streets had less of it, but it went on in nightclubs. Alot more people got sliced with Stanley blades across the face, there were lads showing up outside the Olympic ballroom and the asylum nightclub on a Friday night with sawn off shotguns out of their box on pills looking for dealers from ballyfermot /finglas etc . Social media just brings it all to light now.

Social housing without effective social programs clearly hasn't worked.

Dublin is absolutely fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

italodisco wrote: »
    Not much use though when you have no other moves or the confidence to go all in on them.

Swinging a kick like that brings more trouble on you, fires the opposition up more. Let this be a lesson to everyone, don't engage physically unless you're really up for it and are willing to finish it.
    Jayyyyyyysizzzzz the jealousy. After those kicks he still pushed forward..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Steyr 556 wrote: »

Nah its just the yoof having an outdoor summer like ....

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

That video also went to various international news agencies and I'm sure will be doing the rounds of "shocking videos" sections on websites.
    There were requests for it on Twitter from various journalists.

Unfortunately, Dublin is a dog rough old town in spots and this kind of thing will rapidly give it a terrible, albeit well deserved, reputation.

It's a bit more in your face, but it's nothing new. I find myself picking routes carefully and walking with speed and purpose in parts of Dublin City Centre, and it's based on a series of bad experiences over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Jayyyyyyysizzzzz the jealousy. After those kicks he still pushed forward..

Zero jealousy. I'm not in competition with anyone.

Many years working doors in town, seen many lads pull off such fantastic kicks and seen them connect and cause serious injury, the decent person ending up in serious trouble, loosing jobs, gaining criminal records, leaving someone with lifelong injury and not being able to deal with the guilt as they aren't scumbags themselves.

I'm glad that kick didn't connect because a guy who was doing the right thing might just have ended up loosing everything over it. It's easy for clowns online to live out a fantasy but in reality a spur of the moment action can have life changing consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If it wasn’t for mickey money each of those scumbags would have been an abortion, and our town would be a nicer place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I live fairly close to here. As someone from a working class background who studied hard, followed the law and got a decent job; The idea that these little vermin can get away with sort of crap because they came from a tough background makes me want to puke. These wee darlings will grow up to be the gangsters and career criminals of tomorrow with nothing to offer to society.

Eugenics is still illegal right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

The lads involved in that video are from Oliver Bond, iveagh trust and basin street.

I'm well aware of who they are from working doors in that vicinity.

At this stage the only way to sort out the southside of town is to knock all those flats and move them to some godforsaken place like roscommon and let them wipe each other out.

There's no saving them, it's generational.
    One of those lads, his father was out carrying on like that in the late 90s to mid 00s. The son obviously learnt well.

I can go back to the mid 90s and the streets had less of it, but it went on in nightclubs. Alot more people got sliced with Stanley blades across the face, there were lads showing up outside the Olympic ballroom and the asylum nightclub on a Friday night with sawn off shotguns out of their box on pills looking for dealers from ballyfermot /finglas etc . Social media just brings it all to light now.

That's interesting... because the addresses given in court during the hearings were ballymun for 2 of them, I missed the second guys address because I was outside the court checking the name of first guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Life inside the pale and not a guard insight,street fight's all to regular a sight.Dublin is lost to these thug's, what a f***ing shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

GangstaCat wrote: »
    They have batons, vests and shake like bitches when kids challenge them. I've witnessed them DRIVE OFF when things kick off.

They walk past open drug dealing on the boardwalk sometimes. Again ive seen it myself.

The legal system is soft but our guards as police forces go are on FAT salaries with lovely overtime and most of them are overweight ****ers with an attitude problem.

They cant even keep themselves fit and deal with some kids for **** sake.

Such absolute codswollop. You might get two guards on foot patrol at a given time, say they came up against a gang or 5 or 6 scrotes like in that video, little cnuts that are only too happy to swing a wine bottle at someone's head, you think they should be taking them on with a baton?? Go and shyte tbh. In a scenario like that, either the guards risk serious injury to themselves or if they give one of the scrotes a few skelps then you are pretty much guaranteed a case will be brought against them for police brutality, putting their career at risk.

This country is fcuked, the little bastards that AGS have to deal with have no concept of consequences, no fear of prison and no qualms about using extreme violence on ANYONE, but its the guards who are the problem.

Give every guard a stun gun and they authority to use it.

Give every one of them body cams.

Guarantee them immunity from prosecution unless unnecessary brutality is clear and obvious.

For recidivist criminals cut their social welfare completely once a conviction threshold is passed.

Introduce proper sentencing with rehabilitation programmes for those that want to avail of them.

It's not a garda problem, it's a social problem and it's hereditary for most of these little cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And it seems the plan is to build more and more of it....

Appease the mob, create a horrible city

dinorebel wrote: »
    Honestly that's Bo**ocks an IT grad is lucky to make 25k.

Amazon are starting grads on 70k..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

That's interesting... because the addresses given in court during the hearings were ballymun for 2 of them, I missed the second guys address because I was outside the court checking the name of first guy.

Oopps someone was caught telling porkies. Now I wonder why someone would do that while linking these guys to a socially deprived housing scheme? Its the normal thing to do isn't it. *Rolls Eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mackwiss

Oopps someone was caught telling porkies. Now I wonder why someone would do that while linking these guys to a socially deprived housing scheme? Its the normal thing to do isn't it. *Rolls Eyes.

be glad none of the guys was just slightly brown and you'd have the whole racist lot jumping on this thread immediately :D

Can only imagine that lot opening this thread to watch the video thinking "Please be black, please be black" and then when they see they're white and Irish how deflated they probably become :D

Surprisingly not a pip from them here. I wonder why? :D:D

Must be really sad not being able to jump into a thread just to scream "we're being invaded" "we're being taken over" "Irish Culture is gone"

... lol ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

More prisons, harsher judges, longer sentences.

Exactly and no free legal aid as it’s taxpayers paying their legal fees and a day in court costs them nothing.. Any fines they get they don’t pay as they will do the 6 days in lieu .

What happens then is they are taken to prison signed in and left home again after a few hrs to start same ****e all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

Mackwiss wrote: »
    be glad none of the guys was just slightly brown and you'd have the whole racist lot jumping on this thread immediately :D

Can only imagine that lot opening this thread to watch the video thinking "Please be black, please be black" and then when they see they're white and Irish how deflated they probably become :D

Surprisingly not a pip from them here. I wonder why? :D:D

Must be really sad not being able to jump into a thread just to scream "we're being invaded" "we're being taken over" "Irish Culture is gone"

... lol ... :D

110% correct as seen below your comment. Basic human rights being stripped by the poster no legal aid- Just because someone is a criminal or a bad person gives no reason to remove their right to due process and remove legal aid.

Its any offence in Dublin upper Ireland either accuse immigration or The usual suspects housing schemes.

I welcome more cultures to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Such absolute codswollop. You might get two guards on foot patrol at a given time, say they came up against a gang or 5 or 6 scrotes like in that video, little cnuts that are only too happy to swing a wine bottle at someone's head, you think they should be taking them on with a baton?? Go and shyte tbh. In a scenario like that, either the guards risk serious injury to themselves or if they give one of the scrotes a few skelps then you are pretty much guaranteed a case will be brought against them for police brutality, putting their career at risk.

This country is fcuked, the little bastards that AGS have to deal with have no concept of consequences, no fear of prison and no qualms about using extreme violence on ANYONE, but its the guards who are the problem.

Give every guard a stun gun and they authority to use it.

Give every one of them body cams.

Guarantee them immunity from prosecution unless unnecessary brutality is clear and obvious.

For recidivist criminals cut their social welfare completely once a conviction threshold is passed.

Introduce proper sentencing with rehabilitation programmes for those that want to avail of them.

It's not a garda problem, it's a social problem and it's hereditary for most of these little cnuts.

Go back to sleep mate will ya.

Give them all those powers and it won't be long before they use it on you too.

It's well known the guards have been treating ordinary citizens here like dirt over the past 2 years, they way they've been acting and talking to innocent people at checkpoints and in Dublin city centre in particular.

It's time Ireland introduces some form of military service for the teenagers with the possibility of them learning useful skills in mechanical, military, cooking, medical, fields which will set them up with jobs afterwards either in the army or in civilian life.

This reliance on having to go to college is leaving a vast section
    Of the youth left out of the job market and joining these gangs.

Giving the guards here those powers is not the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

ted1 wrote: »
    Amazon are starting grads on 70k..

Link to these jobs please

• Advertisement

The only shocking thing about this shocking incident is that people are shocked by it.

Incidents like this and much much worse have been going on forever in Dublin. I'm there since 1993 & have seen far worse things. Social media now means that everyone can see it.
    Just a pity that more people are interested in videoing such events and putting them on social media instead of, oh I don't know..... Helping?

Advertisement