Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's time Ireland introduces some form of military service for the teenagers with the possibility of them learning useful skills in mechanical, military, cooking, medical, fields which will set them up with jobs afterwards either in the army or in civilian life.

Best of luck with this one, the fact we re a neutral country with very low investment in our military, but you are right, we have to stop thinking acedemia can solve all, it just can't and won't, we need a radical change in our educational and training systems, alternatives such as trades need to be facilitated and funded appropriately, in order to change this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you advocate for more serious jail terms for violent offenders you'll be pointed to scandy countries with their cushy jails and low recidivism.

Ireland is not Scandinavia. The cultures and history are very different. By transplanting scandinavian social and justice systems into Ireland you do not necessarily mirror their outcomes.

I have friends in Denmark and Norway. There is little or no indigenous "scum class" ie: intergenerational anti social criminality funded by the state. The state supports are there in spades but without the feral thugs spawned by morons roaming the streets of the capital cities with impunity. It's just not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I have friends in Denmark and Norway. There is little or no indigenous "scum class" ie: intergenerational anti social criminality funded by the state. The state supports are there in spades but without the feral thugs spawned by morons roaming the streets of the capital cities with impunity. It's just not a thing.

You d be extremely naive to think that these kind of outcomes do not occur in other countries, it's a human issue. building more jails is not the answer, that would simply cost taxpayers even more, theres clearly some deeper issues at play here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Go back to sleep mate will ya.

Give them all those powers and it won't be long before they use it on you too.

It's well known the guards have been treating ordinary citizens here like dirt over the past 2 years, they way they've been acting and talking to innocent people at checkpoints and in Dublin city centre in particular.

It's time Ireland introduces some form of military service for the teenagers with the possibility of them learning useful skills in mechanical, military, cooking, medical, fields which will set them up with jobs afterwards either in the army or in civilian life.

This reliance on having to go to college is leaving a vast section
    Of the youth left out of the job market and joining these gangs.

Giving the guards here those powers is not the way forward.

It's funny, I know many many people and not one of them, myself included, have ever had any issues whatsoever with AGS.

If you want to be in the Gemma O'Doherty asshat group that challenge the guards on everything, for no other reason than to be a nuisance and get a few clicks on Twatter then bully for you, mate.

The reality is, in the overwhelming majority of instances, if you don't act like a cnut with AGS you won't be treated like a cnut by AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

italodisco wrote: »
    Not much use though when you have no other moves or the confidence to go all in on them.

Swinging a kick like that brings more trouble on you, fires the opposition up more. Let this be a lesson to everyone, don't engage physically unless you're really up for it and are willing to finish it.

Actually they seriously backed off after that I thought, I'd say the bar staff were well able to back it up alright but they restrained themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭obi604

thebaz wrote: »
    If you read my post , I was not defending them - but Covid / lockdowns has created a lot of vent up anger , from what I can see in Dublin.

Ah stop. What pent up anger do these scum have. They have not been staying in their council houses, they haven’t adhered to a 5k rule, they haven’t a job to lose, they haven’t lost their state payments, they have been roaming around as usual, and probably their type with all their not adhering to rules has unfortunately not lost a loved one or probably not got Covid.

Pent up anger me hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

endacl wrote: »
    If it wasn’t for mickey money each of those scumbags would have been an abortion, and our town would be a nicer place to be.

Incorrect, I think you will find to the parents each of them is a wage per month. Problem is once they turn 16 and out of school that money dries up so this is what you end up with.

The government needs to shut down the children allowance which is now just a money generator for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You d be extremely naive to think that these kind of outcomes do not occur in other countries, it's a human issue. building more jails is not the answer, that would simply cost taxpayers even more, theres clearly some deeper issues at play here

100%. issues such as illegal immigration & housing , the likes of Dublin City Council pouring tax payers money into painting rainbow flags on streets of the capital when the should be addressing real world issues in the inner city such as drugs & alcohol, the left wing media in this country and their portrayal of young white irish as being privileged and born racist. it doesn't surprise me that young irish men are going around acting out like this. they realise there's nothing for them here. no decent paying jobs, they'll never afford housing within 50km of where they were born and raised. this country is falling apart. its FF/FG/Greens and the likes that have us here. anyone pointing the finger at a few lads acting the bollix in town is deluded. sure havn't you all being applauding the **** show on tv that was the george floyd riots..there's no difference.

but sure i cant be saying this sort of stuff....this is only going to get worse. you just know the lads from that bar are f*cked. they're best finding somewhere new to work cause they'll be tageted now. they had no business attacking anyone on the street,very foolish on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Incorrect, I think you will find to the parents each of them is a wage per month. Problem is once they turn 16 and out of school that money dries up so this is what you end up with.

The government needs to shut down the children allowance which is now just a money generator for some people

Children's is a lifeline for alot of so called middle class workers and does seriously help with expenses. I would think a change to a system where you can only claim for more than 2 kids if you have a parent full-time working would be a good option

Mackwiss wrote: »
    be glad none of the guys was just slightly brown and you'd have the whole racist lot jumping on this thread immediately :D

Can only imagine that lot opening this thread to watch the video thinking "Please be black, please be black" and then when they see they're white and Irish how deflated they probably become :D

Surprisingly not a pip from them here. I wonder why? :D:D

Must be really sad not being able to jump into a thread just to scream "we're being invaded" "we're being taken over" "Irish Culture is gone"

... lol ... :D

Ah lad... :D not everything is about race no matter how hard the usual lot try :D
    Plenty of common garden scrotes in Ireland without factoring imported ones.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,751 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It's well known the guards have been treating ordinary citizens here like dirt over the past 2 years, they way they've been acting and talking to innocent people at checkpoints and in Dublin city centre in particular.

This reliance on having to go to college is leaving a vast section
    Of the youth left out of the job market and joining these gangs.

Most decent folk have no need to worry about Gardai using powers on them.

Those that do need to worry need to take a look in the mirror, or are already being pursued by Gardai.

Nozebleed wrote: »
    100%. issues such as illegal immigration & housing , the likes of Dublin City Council pouring tax payers money into painting rainbow flags on streets of the capital when the should be addressing real world issues in the inner city such as drugs & alcohol, the left wing media in this country and their portrayal of young white irish as being privileged and born racist. it doesn't surprise me that young irish men are going around acting out like this. they realise there's nothing for them here. no decent paying jobs, they'll never afford housing within 50km of where they were born and raised. this country is falling apart. its FF/FG/Greens and the likes that have us here. anyone pointing the finger at a few lads acting the bollix in town is deluded. sure havn't you all being applauding the **** show on tv that was the george floyd riots..there's no difference.

but sure i cant be saying this sort of stuff....this is only going to get worse. you just know the lads from that bar are f*cked. they're best finding somewhere new to work cause they'll be tageted now. they had no business attacking anyone on the street,very foolish on their part.

So, the actions of scumbags is because of illegal immigration?
    I doubt very much any of these lads need to worry about affordable housing or even ever think about getting a job.
    Your agenda does not work here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Let the Gardai batter them. Couldn't give a toss for these stinking scum.

Feral scum from useless feral parents. Losers.

People crying about police brutality can go and get ****ed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Can I ask how you have come to that conclusion? I've not once had a bad encounter at the many checkpoints that I've come across in the past year+. I'm a ordinary law abiding citizen. I've never got as much as a ticket for a driving violation. I always stick to the speed limits. I've no criminal record.

So if the guards having extra powers is such a terrible thing, can you please explain how they will be using their new found extra powers on me in a way that is detrimental to my life? If I'm not doing anything to attract the Gardai's attention, I can't see how they will impact me in a negative way.

Can you give some examples of what I can expect to encounter regarding my future nasty encounters with the Gardai that you seem to be adament will happen, should they be given extra powers? Plus, can you also explain how those encounters will come about as I currently can't see how they would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

• Registered Users Posts: 23,751 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ooter wrote: »

Why was he getting arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'm going to say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

All those settled Irish just watching and doing nothing to help that's why those people get sorted only when they find a Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

The barmen, I assume are the fellas dressed in black, they are as bad as the non staff. They escalated things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Because these former young gentlemen are reading newspapers and their mis-representation have decided consciously to adapt this narrative as a rebellion against their true selves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How did they "batter him"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

The barmen, I assume are the fellas dressed in black, they are as bad as the non staff. They escalated things too.

It's called standing up to scumbags. Irish people never do it as we've become too soft and the law comes down harder on people trying to do so rather than the scumbags that 100% of the time start these incidents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Social housing doesn't cause this. Scummy useless parenting does.

It doesn't help that in many 'disadvantaged' schools there is a policy of rewarding 'good' (for that read normal or standard) behaviour from some of these types.

Johnny, did you manage to come into school every day and not attack anyone this week? Here's a trip out/treat/certificate.

Billy, you are thug and a psychopath and are suspended from school for attacking a teacher, but sure we need you for the football match so we will let you back in.

Melissa and Tommy, you come in every day try your best and bother nobody else? Nothing for you so.

I saw it happening for years. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

You say they are acting out as there's nothing for them or they cant get a house within 50km of where they were born...haha

I grew up in the 80s without a pot to piss in, hand me down clothes not even from siblings but cousins, watched my parents work hard to put food on the table and the lights on etc. Did I act out by being a gurrier causing **** in the city centre cause I was angry...no, i did my best at school, took **** paying jobs and worked my way up and guess what I still couldnt afford to live within 50km of where I was born and raised. I had to move to a whole other county where I had no family or friends.

These lads are wearing the best of gear, social housing, medical card and a lifetime of welfare subsidised by the proceeds of crime..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Mimon wrote: »
    It's called standing up to scumbags. Irish people never do it as we've become too soft and the law comes down harder on people trying to do so rather than the scumbags that 100% of the time start these incidents.

They don't intervene because the response (as seen) will quickly move to a broken bottle or a knife or you get brutally attacked with fists.

If you do hit them you're also risking assault charges or even civil liability.

They've successful intimidated a whole society.

The average person isn't going to put themselves into harm's way to act as police in a chaotic fracas like that.

The policing presence isn't adequate and the legal consequences aren't working as a deterrent.

The realty of it is an element of Dublin is just extremely rough. It's the same energy as the peak of football hooliganism in England - just violence and thuggish behaviour for the sake of it.

I remember as a small kid in Dublin a woman was smoking on a bus and I said "you're not supposed to smoke on the bus" (I was 5) and she told me that she'd "rip" my "f****ing head off" and that you should "shut the little b****rd up"

I ended up really traumatised by the response and crying etc etc.

I've been mugged twice, my car has been broken into 5 times, cars were burnt outside my apartment (in an boring, suburban, normally very very safe area), I've had people shout random abuse at me on the street countless times, I had a bottle of milk thown at me when I was out jogging, friends of mine have been subject to vicious racist taunts, the list goes on and on and on and it's always that same "whah r ya lookin' ah?!?" type.

Elements of Dublin are just grim and nasty and they always have been. It's nothing new. It's part of the culture of a dog rough old town and we don't like to admit there is a serious problem and because we pretend it's not there we never address it.

Fair play to someone to have the balls to stand up to these Vermin.

I taught in Dublin for years and a lot of the time the minority made life hell for others.

What the hell were those bystanders letting the scrotes pick bottles off the tables for. Grown men just standing by and letting them go at it.

They should have isolated them a lot sooner than that. Could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Rio had "street cleansing" exercises not too long ago. Just saying.

Yeah great idea, let's copy Brazil cos they clearly get things so right especially with the gobshyte they have leading them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Oopps someone was caught telling porkies. Now I wonder why someone would do that while linking these guys to a socially deprived housing scheme? Its the normal thing to do isn't it. *Rolls Eyes.

When they are all named and shamed in the paper you'll see one is from Oliver Bond, and if he's named at a new address I'll still be right as I'm not aware that he moved home. Hes named in another incident and his address is Oliver Bond.

I'll link it once they've had their day in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They were protecting a young pregnant woman from abuse .Fair play to the bar staff for not giving in to scum and for standing up to the abuse and the hassling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fair play to someone to have the balls to stand up to these Vermin.

I taught in Dublin for years and a lot of the time the minority made life hell for others.

What the hell were those bystanders letting the scrotes pick bottles off the tables for. Grown men just standing by and letting them go at it.

They should have isolated them a lot sooner than that. Could have been a lot worse.

What would you have done?

Advertisement