Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

Oopps someone was caught telling porkies. Now I wonder why someone would do that while linking these guys to a socially deprived housing scheme? Its the normal thing to do isn't it. *Rolls Eyes.

Because Ballymun is the gated community of the elite?

It starts in the home. Domestic violence, little education, unemoymemt, and everything for free with no work/strive ethic., poor parenting with no regard for the law, always someone else fault, no personal responsibility.

italodisco wrote: »
    When they are all named and shamed in the paper you'll see one is from Oliver Bond, and if he's named at a new address I'll still be right as I'm not aware that he moved home. Hes named in another incident and his address is Oliver Bond.

I'll link it once they've had their day in court.

Just remember, your link must be a peer reviewed paper, published in a reputable journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

obi604 wrote: »
    but what if the scum connected with the bottle - way more serious

4 month suspended sentence as opposed to the 3 month suspended sentence for not connecting.!!
    Oh and another big payday for those on the legal system/legal industry who represent them, many of whom are already living film stars lifestyles thanks to scum like these.
    Ask yourself the question, do these folk really want to see anything change.??

Go back to sleep mate will ya.

Give them all those powers and it won't be long before they use it on you too.

It's well known the guards have been treating ordinary citizens here like dirt over the past 2 years, they way they've been acting and talking to innocent people at checkpoints and in Dublin city centre in particular.

It's time Ireland introduces some form of military service for the teenagers with the possibility of them learning useful skills in mechanical, military, cooking, medical, fields which will set them up with jobs afterwards either in the army or in civilian life.

This reliance on having to go to college is leaving a vast section
    Of the youth left out of the job market and joining these gangs.

Giving the guards here those powers is not the way forward.

Give out about the Gardai having legal powers.......

suggests providing criminals with military training

• Advertisement

chosen1 wrote: »
    I remember seeing a group of English lads start mouthing off to one of the Guardia Civil in Spain years ago while there on holiday. He simply turned around, took out a large baton and swung it around in his hand without going near them. Instantly the lads were quiet when they realised it wasn't their typical Bobby they were dealing with.

That has absolutely nothing to do with police training and everything to do with what the people expect and support in their police.

If you allowed Gardai to respond in the same manner, they would. If the English were used to getting that from the UK police, the resonse would be the same. Ireland has the policing that Ireland demanded.

Guardai Civil arent 'elite'. They are just a paramilitary service which is common in europe. Funnily enough, considering Irish neutrality and the reliance on the military as an aid to the Gardai, I think a merged service would actually be both effective and cheaper.

Jake1 wrote: »
    It was mentioned earlier, that a barman had been arrested, has that been confirmed ?

NO, it was bull****

Mimon wrote: »
    They need to be on the beat to see what is happening on the ground, not reacting when it is too late. Yes they need more numbers to this and should be given them. No excuses then.

Well I dont think any actual serving Gardai disagree with you but they also require the freedom to actually enforce the law.

Theres a line in the sand and its time people decided which side they are truly on. The scumbags or the cops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Well I dont think any actual serving Gardai disagree with you but they also require the freedom to actually enforce the law.

Theres a line in the sand and its time people decided which side they are truly on. The scumbags or the cops

There's also unfortunately a thin line between proper policing and a police state. Needs a really good balancing act. We need a better legal system first and foremost.

Too many vested interests creaming it in off the back of the revolving door that are our courts.

There's also unfortunately a thin line between proper policing and a police state. Needs a really good balancing act. We need a better legal system first and foremost.

Too many vested interests creaming it in off the back of the revolving door that are our courts.

I understand your point but we are miles away from a police state. I wouldnt say its a balancing act. Do you consider any EU nation to be a police state?

The vested interests have no bearing on the policing. The Gardai are your neughbours, relatives and friends. Their kids go to the same school, use the same playground......

Why would I, as a Garda deliberately stand aside and allow scumbags to terrorise the community that my family are a part of? Destroy the playground that my children use?

• Advertisement

I understand your point but we are miles away from a police state. I wouldnt say its a balancing act. Do you consider any EU nation to be a police state?

The vested interests have no bearing on the policing. The Gardai are your neughbours, relatives and friends. Their kids go to the same school, use the same playground......

Why would I, as a Garda deliberately stand aside and allow scumbags to terrorise the community that my family are a part of? Destroy the playground that my children use?

Im not of the opinion that EU states are scum free. France/UK etc have more than their fair share of trouble. Its human nature. The US is a police state and its still a kip.

IMHO actions are dictated by the punishment, doesn't matter how many gards are around, if the punishment is a slap on the wrist then it emboldens the perps regardless of the Gards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If you watch the video you see a member of the public approaches the tall grey guy at one point and tells him to knock it off. Grey Guy shouts angrily at him and seems to be telling him to fuk off.
    Then at the end of the video a man in a suit approaches Grey Guy and tells him to leave the area, and he gets all meek and mild and does as he's told.

I was reading a Desmond Morris book years ago and he was saying how most people will usually defer to someone in a suit and are more likely to see them as a figure of authority. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fair play to someone to have the balls to stand up to these Vermin.

I taught in Dublin for years and a lot of the time the minority made life hell for others.

What the hell were those bystanders letting the scrotes pick bottles off the tables for. Grown men just standing by and letting them go at it.

They should have isolated them a lot sooner than that. Could have been a lot worse.

The trouble is that you don't really have an inalienable right to defend yourself in Ireland. This should be absolutely changed and codified in law to provide more options for victims rather than having to stand there and take it.

Even in the video the staff are pretending to try and hit them, not actually hit them because they know full well they can't.

You give one of those scrotes a boot up the hole after they hit you with a bottle...guess who is getting the conviction?

That's the problem in those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Im not of the opinion that EU states are scum free. France/UK etc have more than their fair share of trouble. Its human nature. The US is a police state and its still a kip.

IMHO actions are dictated by the punishment, doesn't matter how many gards are around, if the punishment is a slap on the wrist then it emboldens the perps regardless of the Gards.

Your first and second paragraph directly contradict each other regarding the US.

"The US is a police state and its still a kip."

"IMHO actions are dictated by the punishment, doesn't matter how many gards are around, if the punishment is a slap on the wrist then it emboldens the perps regardless of the Gards"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

If you watch the video you see a member of the public approaches the tall grey guy at one point and tells him to knock it off. Grey Guy shouts angrily at him and seems to be telling him to fuk off.
    Then at the end of the video a man in a suit approaches Grey Guy and tells him to leave the area, and he gets all meek and mild and does as he's told.

I was reading a Desmond Morris book years ago and he was saying how most people will usually defer to someone in a suit and are more likely to see them as a figure of authority. Who knows?

Suit. Probably his free legal aid designate passing by.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You d be extremely naive to think that these kind of outcomes do not occur in other countries, it's a human issue. building more jails is not the answer, that would simply cost taxpayers even more, theres clearly some deeper issues at play here

Never forget, when it comes to being soft on crime and increasing social welfare to solve a problem, Wanderer78 is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Suit. Probably his free legal aid designate passing by.
    Lionel Hutz on the scene straight away :D

Yeah great idea, let's copy Brazil cos they clearly get things so right especially with the gobshyte they have leading them now.

While he may be a dick, he certainly would take a stronger stance against this sub human scum.

Meanwhile our politicians have nothing to say and offer no solutions.

HBC08 wrote: »
    Your first and second paragraph directly contradict each other regarding the US.

"The US is a police state and its still a kip."

"IMHO actions are dictated by the punishment, doesn't matter how many gards are around, if the punishment is a slap on the wrist then it emboldens the perps regardless of the Gards"

No they don't. Read the other posts in the conversation. Police state is the gards being able to set the bat to womp whenever they feel like it, like the good old US of A. Which is a kip but a police state kip.

It starts with the legal system being fit gor purpose. Then the gards but allowing the gards unfettered powers can lead to a police state imo.

• Advertisement

No they don't. Read the other posts in the conversation. Police state is the gards being able to set the bat to womp whenever they feel like it, like the good old US of A. Which is a kip but a police state kip.

It starts with the legal system being fit gor purpose. Then the gards but allowing the gards unfettered powers can lead to a police state imo.

The United States is not a "police state". What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Reminds me of that cartoon video years ago, nice house dog let out for a pi$$ and he joins up with a pack of other dogs and goes on a rampage.

https://youtu.be/LIh0kMPdlUc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

italodisco wrote: »
    Zero jealousy. I'm not in competition with anyone.

Many years working doors in town, seen many lads pull off such fantastic kicks and seen them connect and cause serious injury, the decent person ending up in serious trouble, loosing jobs, gaining criminal records, leaving someone with lifelong injury and not being able to deal with the guilt as they aren't scumbags themselves.

I'm glad that kick didn't connect because a guy who was doing the right thing might just have ended up loosing everything over it. It's easy for clowns online to live out a fantasy but in reality a spur of the moment action can have life changing consequences.

Yes I totally understand all that..and I agree with you. But it seems to be the case nowadays that we have no choice, the young lads keep coming and attacking they won't back down,they will literally chase you into a bloody Police station.. like were does it end, he had plenty of back up, and if he had been surrounded and over powered and was being beaten possibly to death, well I think in that situation the people watching on would have intervened.
    Anyway it shouldn't happen. The violence from young fellas in Ireland is getting totally out of hand. It's definitely down to the judicial system to sort it out. Everyone else is doing their part.That includes security staff, floor staff, stewards, Gardaī etc.. There is no deterrent from the legal or court system!?

The United States is not a "police state". What are you on about?

You think the EU are a dictatorship. Go back to Sesame Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

The barmen, I assume are the fellas dressed in black, they are as bad as the non staff. They escalated things too.

According to some witnesses, the durts started it by harassing or attacking a pregnant woman. It was justified. I think if the rest of that street had seen what occurred they would have descended on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Always reminds me of this song. Probably be humming it all day now.

All Eyes On Rafah

spurious wrote: »
    Social housing doesn't cause this. Scummy useless parenting does.

It doesn't help that in many 'disadvantaged' schools there is a policy of rewarding 'good' (for that read normal or standard) behaviour from some of these types.

Johnny, did you manage to come into school every day and not attack anyone this week? Here's a trip out/treat/certificate.

Billy, you are thug and a psychopath and are suspended from school for attacking a teacher, but sure we need you for the football match so we will let you back in.

Melissa and Tommy, you come in every day try your best and bother nobody else? Nothing for you so.

I saw it happening for years. Sickening.

Were you a primary or secondary school teacher? I have a feeling that if primary school teachers were honest they can tell 95%+ of the time how a kid will turn out from the first couple of days of school and meeting the parents.
    The pandering to the lowest ability and standard continues to degenerate across the board. I've kept an eye on any syllabus "updates" since I left school and it's just constant removing of content.
    As you say the kids who try and who are capable get basically nothing. Obviously big picture you can get benefits later but a kid from the age of 5 being told "in about 18 years this will all pay off now excuse me while I spend the day with the arseholes" is pretty unfair and the kids who might actually do something end up losing out again.

Sure. Right after you tell us chapter and verse how the United States is a "police state".

Go on then...

Sure. Right after you tell us chapter and verse how the United States is "police state".

Go on then...

I'm not here to convince you. Just like you couldn't convince me the EU are a dictatorship. So why would we waste our finger tips trying? We both have an a$$hole and an opinion, let's leave it at that.

• Advertisement

It's time for the Gardai to start carrying guns as well like most other European countries. Seems us and UK are the only 2 that don't and nowhere else in Europe would people speak to the police like us and the brits.

Advertisement